Friday, February 1, 2008

I Love my Job!

Well lovelies, I blog a lot about my musical experiences and none of that could happen if it weren't for my personal assistant job & the Lovely Upper East Side Family supporting me!  (Both financially & emotionally!)  So this perticular blog is for them!  

Today's fun errands for the Lady of the House include running to the florists to pick up a fancy 
orchid & specify which type & delivery method; Go to the Post Office & mail back fancy purse 
and fancy digital photo frame to their respective companies (Vivre and Aluratek...) 

And then continue with my project of downloading all 10,000 photos from the Mac Book Pro to CD's.  (God love the Toast Program!  It rocks my world - I've already done all the video to DVD footage & that's taken me only 2 days!)  

Plus I get to nanny for the cutest little boys in the world when the full time nanny has her days off!  (HHC who is almost 2 years old and TSC who is 4 months!)  They are the best!  Truly...  

They call me "Auntie" and I love every second & would do anything for them!  Such happy & fun little boys!  I never thought I'd be able to love another persons child SO much - but I guess I can!  

When I moved to NYC in June of 2006 I had just ended a great personal assistant gig in Minnesota!  (I also dabble in home organization - but that's a whole other field that I've yet to really get into!)  So I was working at the Pan Asian Palace as a hostess in Times Square and also working for a furniture store in chinatown - busy right?? Well, I wasn't able to make the bills, nor did I have any time to audition!  (Which is what I came out to NY to do!)  

I applied like crazy online for personal assistant jobs and Lady of the House was the only person who got back to me.  It must have been meant to be!  I was one out of 10 girls that were interviewed and I got it!  Hooray!  The family is just delightful because they are SO nice and SO kind!  I just love them!  And they can put up with my crazy audition schedule!  (and they love me!)  Is it just like the Nanny Diaries??  NOT AT ALL!!!  :)  
Life just really couldn't be any better!  I've got a great job, I'm persuing my dream & I've aquired a "second family" within a two years of being in NYC!  
Now I've gotta run & get an orchid...

1 comment:

  1. Your job and life sounds like something out of a movie! I feel like NYC is so glamorous...I was only there once when I was 12, and for 6 hours at that. I'd love to go back. You are very lucky to have a great job that lets you do what you want and lets you keep on living your dreams!

    ReplyDelete