Thursday, February 21, 2008

Whew - Doggie! Operation Validation: Success!


Well, lovelies, I had some divine intervention happen yesterday...

A few minutes after I posted the blog I got an e-mail from the artistic director of Musical Theatre of Wichita.  He was interested in having me audition for their season this summer and wanted to set up a appointment slot with me when they come in March!  This is SO great, because I really needed a pick-me-up validation of sorts...  (or rather I needed a lot of them!)  AND I get to sing from their season (Forum, My Fair Lady, Big River, All Shook Up, Les Miz) so that will be a blast!  

This whole thing came about because my Auntie works with a woman who is a musical theatre actress and has worked at MT of Wichita SEVERAL times & is good buddies with the artistic director.... so she sent an e-mail, he e-mailed me & long story short: I have a time slot to sing for them on March 27th, 2008!  Hooray!  

Today I went to the Surflight Theatre's Chorus Call at the Equity building- no one was there... was kind of nice!  Then I signed up on the alternate list (where they stick you in if people don't show up for their slots) for a company called Theatre Works -- it's the California one, not the NYC company.  They were doing a Stephen Schwartz revue show called Snapshots.  I sang Meadowlark for my audition song - that went well! (and I rocked it out belting the E sharp -- love that!)

Also, I went to the Chorus call at Ripley Greer for the Music Man - SWEET JESUS - everyone & their mom was there!  Insanity!  Total!  Thank god I signed up on the list early...  But they had over 280 people to see in 4 hours and they DIDN'T TYPE!!!  WTF?!?  I was a little pissed.  They cut it from 16 bars to 8 bars. (uugh - really what can you show in 8 bars?!  Why didn't they type again??)  So I went in & sang the end of Trolly Song.  It went OK.  Again - typing is good, 8 bars is not....  But then again, I'm not casting the show...  

Two more auditions tomorrow - that makes (if you've been counting) a grand total of 13 auditions in one week!  I think that's the most I've ever done!  Exciting!

2 comments:

  1. 13? holy crap! good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reassurance always come when it's least expected and most needed, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete