Monday, February 4, 2008

Diet Dr. Pepper DOES taste more like regular Dr. Pepper...


Lovelies,  I'm sitting at work right now (my personal assistant gig), sipping on my second Diet Dr. Pepper of the day & scanning in old family photos for the Lady of the House and it's quite fun!  Lots of old-school 80's hair & make-up going on in the pics -- very enjoyable to see some feathered bangs every now & again. 

(And now let's all say a prayer that those never come back into fashion.  Amen.)

So today I slept in (until 9:30!) watched a little Montel (one of the many "Baby Daddy DNA result" shows)  and went to work.  At 12:45 I left to go to the Equity building for my Titanic audition.  One very slow 6 train & very fast N train later I was in the Equity lounge ready for the list to be read for the chorus call.  (FYI - chorus calls you sign up on a list & wait for your
 name to be called, Equity Principal Auditions or EPA's you just show up early). 

Now, I thought the chorus call was at 2:00, so I got there at 1:30 (because the list is read 1/2 hour before the auditions start.)  The call actually started at 2:30 - not 2:00!!  Friends, Miss "I'm Late Everywhere" Musical was a HALF HOUR EARLY!!!!  Can you believe it??  So I just chatted it up with some of my lovely friends in the lounge & waited.  

They read the list at 2:00.  I got the VERY FIRST time slot!  How exciting!  (I love setting the bar!)  So I changed into my cute dress from Calypso & got all pretty.  (I want to play Kate number 2 in the show!)  Walked into the room, and lovely Annie was at the piano - thank GOD!!  (She likes me - and we get along swimmingly!)  So I plunked down my music, went to the center of the room and acted the shit out of "When I look at You".  

I know, I know - you're all thinkin' "But Miss Musical, it's a WILDHORN piece?!  Have you no self respect??!!"
Seriously people - I can make that Eder-fied song into a work of art.  (which reminds me to bring up that I saw Sunday in the Park with George on Friday night!  FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!  More later on that...)  

Back to the audition - sang the song GREAT!  Acted the song GREAT!  And AGAIN, no request for a second song, no "Miss Musical, that was delightful - would you please come for a callback on such-and-such day?"  Aarugh-UGH!


It WILL happen, lovelies.  I know it will.  Just a matter of getting other people to see the spark that others were quick to see in Minneapolis...  Ahh, Minneapolis... Where an actor can actually find some work!  


So, will send out the thank  you notes - as always - and carry on.  More auditions tomorrow...  And promise I will write more later on "Sunday in the Park" (I cried TWICE - was a lovely show!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super exciting! Need I mention that Titanic still makes me cry to this day? Yeah...I'm ok with that.

    :) Good luck!!!

    P.S. Gotta love Montel.

    ReplyDelete