Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Day, Another Audition..



Hello lovelies!  My thought of the day today is "Why am I so rockin' & no one is hiring me??!!"  

Seriously.

I auditioned for Stages St. Louis this morning at Equity and then went to the Beauty & the Beast chorus call for Westchester Braodway Theatre.  Fun times, friends - fun times! 

So here's my schedule for this morning:

6:15 am.  Wake up, Get Dressed & Have Coffee with Roomie

6:30 am  Leave house & take the train to Equity.

7:00 am. Arrive at Equity Building and wait for 1/2 hour for it to open the doors.  (While standing in line with other crazy "I need a specific time slot" actors)

7:30 a.m. Go inside & warm up - literally.

8:30 a.m. Sign in for Stages St. Louis (got a 10:10 appointment)

8:35 a.m. Have coffee with good friend Drea at Pax.  Mmmm.... Pax... (2nd cup of coffee - are you counting??)

9:15 a.m. Take cab to Nola Studios for chorus call. (only 10 blocks from pax - friviolus??)

9:30 a.m. Get my card (number 44 baby! - this means I'll be seen aprox. at 11:10, because the see 40 girls an hour and the call starts at 10am)

9:40 a.m Walk Back to Equity & get pretty!

10:10  a.m. Sing for Stages St. Louis (I sang I want to Go To Hollywood from Grand Hotel -- and friends - I hit it out of the ball park!!  The song was fun, I showed tons of character & personality!!  Hooray!)

10:25 a.m. Walk back to Nola & get ready for that audition! 
11:00 a.m. Sang for Westchester Broadway Theatre's Beauty & the Beast (sang Meadowlark - and acted the pants off that one, too!)  

11:15 a.m. Found out I wasn't asked to stay & dance -so I went to work on the UES!

11:20 a.m Stopped at Starbucks on the way to the train for ANOTHER coffee (this time de-caf! Does anyone else love the skinny vanilla lattes as much as I do??  They are really qutie lovely!_

.... Which is where I'm at now!  
Overall, rockin' auditions -- some of my good girlfriends were asked to stay & dance.  Not so for Miss Musical...  But, obviously there's a "bigger plan" for me that I need to accept!  It's just frustruating in the mean time!  Back to work -- I almost got caught!!  Aaurgh!

2 comments:

  1. I found you on 20SBs. You're blog is so interesting. I think I will surely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the audition!(I found you via 20sb also.)

    ReplyDelete