Thursday, February 14, 2008

Plays, Playgrounds & Pampering!


Friends, today I auditioned for Young Frankenstein the Musical and it was so much fun to do my new song!  I decided to do a song called "Not a Day Goes By" which is usually sung to a lover, heres the lyrics:

"Not A Day Goes By, Not a Blessed Day, 
That you're not Somewhere a part of my life
And it looks like you'll stay...
'Till the Days go By - I keep thinking when does it end?
But it only gets Bigger & Stronger & Deeper & Nearer..."

That's pretty much the gist of it - nice love song right??  Well.... I sang it to my zit that refused to pop! 
 (made up of course - but I pretended that it was on my chin!)  Gross & funny - right!   (I love doing that stuff -taking a song & making it funny!)  

Well, the creative team all laughed - and I really am proud that I went in there & did that today! Success!  Now they didn't ask me to vocalize like the girl ahead of me, but I feel like I gave a really creative & original audition!  Hooray!  

Then it was off to work this afternoon & I made a few phone calls, mailed a few packages & got to spend the rest of the afternoon with HHC in the park!  That's the best!  We went down the "curly slide" at least 6 times and played "driving in the car" with the little steering wheels that they have on the playground equipment!   Was pretty fun!  

Then we stopped by the little flower shop and got one rose for his mom (my boss) because it's Valentine's Day & I want to teach him that it's good ettiquite to give flowers!  So we got one rose.  He picked out the color all by himself!  (a yellow one with red tips) He was SO proud giving it to her!  Said "Happy Valentine's Day, Mommy!"  (He's only 22 months  -- so that's a pretty big deal!)
Tonight I'm off to Dashing Diva on the Upper East Side with my friend Stace!  Will be a blast as it's "Girls Night Out" there & you get a cosmopolitan while you have your mani/pedi!  Love that!  Will be fun - just have to get some quality work in before I dash out from work at 7:30.  

Tomorrow I'm going to audition for Camelot - it's the Principal audition, but I could play a very interesting Guenivere....  Think I'm going to sing "Waiting for my Dearie" from Brigadoon.  Or maybe my new one I worked on in class last night!  Hmmm.... we'll have to wait & see!

2 comments:

  1. oh gross! hilarious but gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry, can i have cosmos with my mani and pedi? wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete