Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chocolate, Auditions & Fun times with Friends!

Well lovelies, I came across this e-mail yesterday about the most expensive chocolate in NYC! It's a freakin' trunk of chocolate (I'm in love) and it costs $15,000. ....A little out of my budget, but perhaps I can talk Lady of the House into buying it as a big treat for herself!

Here's a snip of the article:

Marie Belle New York 484 Broome Street, Ground Floor 212- 925-6999 ext 104 Luxury confections brand MarieBelle New York was launched in Spring 2000, and immediately earned a reputation for magnificent chocolates and confections. The Chocolate Picnic Steamer Trunk, part of the MarieBelle Luxury Creation, is their most deliciously decadent and elegant chocolate creation ever. The grand leather trunk contains the perfect ingredients for a luscious chocolate picnic. Inside, the ten drawers and three interior shelves are filled with five hundred pieces of creamy MarieBelle chocolate ganache, five pounds of dark and milk chocolate bark and croquettes, four 20 ounce tins of Aztec Hot Chocolate, one 20 ounce tin of Aztec Iced Chocolate, eight Aztec Hot Chocolate Bars, one Freiling stainless steel teapot with tea infuser, two elegant Rosenthal china tea cups, and one leather journal, hand-bound with linen paper to fill with memories of your luscious chocolate consumption. If you wish to indulge in this chocolate fantasy, you can't just order it off the internet like any commoner; you must come to the MarieBelle flagship store where the steamer trunk is on display in all its decadent glory.


(and can I just say - this is Miss Musical again - the Chocolate bar Pin-Up Girls (see above) are my FAVORITES!!! They cost an arm & a leg, but it's worth it!)


Ohh.... Lovelies... The chocolate-y-ness, the goodness, the expensive-ness... I love all of this! Especially the hot chocolate bars... Mmmm... Just imagine! A trunk worth your whole weight in Chocolate! Brilliant! (Now if they only put chocolate body paint in.... Hmm....)

A little on my day...Slept in a little - until the crack of 7:45! Brilliant, as I spent last night getting ready for todays audition for a show called Back in Pictures. It's a revue show of music from the 30's, 40's and 50's. Fun, no?! So I did two new songs: "Stuff Like that There" and "Stormy Weather". Both were SUPER fun to sing, as I LOVE singing stuff from that era!!


The audition went great - I was, as usual, my lovely charming self (not tooting my own horn, just sayin'...) AND it went GREAT! They seemed to enjoy me, I enjoyed me, the piano player (who was great!) enjoyed me... Over all a great experience. And tonight I'm going to go in & sing for Theatre 1010's production of Grand Night For Singing. I love that show - I'm such a revue nut!
Oh, and BTW -- I did 3 auditions on Monday, one yesterday and then the one today. I feel pretty rockin' about doing 5 auditions by Wednesday! And my class went well last night! (I had a total "human" moment in the room -- was very embarrassing for me, as I did not show myself in my best light. But am trying to work on that problem and fix it!) I am so sad that Waldman will be out of town until JUNE! She is my favorite teacher -- and really helps me come out of my shell!

So I'm jazzed for my girl date with Wrennifer on Friday night! We're going to see The Other Boleyn Girl and having dinner at Etc. Etc. Before. (that's my FAV. place to eat in mid town -- and so not touristy & busy - Love that! Plus they have half-servings of pasta! So a girl can just get a taste & not overload on the carbs! Love that too!) All in all, it will be a great night! And really, I have such fun with Wrennifer! We are two peas in a pod! I love having good girlfriends!

2 comments:

  1. How was the movie? I have been wanting to see that one for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the movie - was pretty true to the book & really made you feel for the characters!

    ReplyDelete