Tuesday, February 19, 2008

For Sh*%s and Grins...



Lovelies, I just submitted myself for casting for the show Matched in Manhattan. A little sad, no? Here's what I wrote (and don't judge me -I wouldn't judge you & your dating specifics...) Ready, set - Go!

Hi there,
My name is Miss Musical & I'm a 26 year old personal assistant and actress. I'm a native of Minneapolis, Minnesota (no accent) & recently moved to NYC in June of 2006 and I've already jumped into the dating scene here with internet dating sites (ie.match, hot or not). Trouble is, despite going on some fun dates, I'm having a really hard time finding someone who is a really good fit for me and I thought that Matt & the lovely folks at his service might be able to help!


As for my story, I'm a very outgoing & fun loving girl! I love to have a good conversation (in NYC this can be a drawback for some fellas) and I love trying new places to eat, see theatre & concerts, wine tasting, go on walks & bike rides, and the like... I usually manage to date a man for 2 or 3 months and then either I or he call it off. (usually when I like him, he calls it off - however when he likes me, then I call it off -weird, I know...) Recently I've just been going on 2 or 3 dates with men and usually they don't keep calling - this I NEED help with!


As far as dating behavior goes, I usually go for the preppy "investment banker / lawyer / management" types because it's stable - let's be honest here, acting isn't that stable & I enjoy a man who can be a good supporter for me! (And every girl I've met enjoys a guy who's stable & secure, right?). But it's hard to find an outgoing and personable guy in this area of work who is also kind, thoughtful & concerned about making me feel like I'm a priority in his life. Or if I do find one like that he's got a serious case of ugly. And I'm not a judgmental person, really I'm not - but c'mon, when you're dating you have to be a little attracted to the fella! And most of the average to good looking ones are not very nice, relationship oriented men.


Now I hope that I'm not being thrown out of the pile because I'm an actress, because I think that I'd make for some really interesting TV. I'm kind, funny, smart and I'm always open to trying new things! Plus, I'm well read, I enjoy meeting new people & I think I have a lot of interesting qualities to bring to the show that viewers can relate to!

My cell (which is my day & evening number ) is 000-000-0000.
Thanks very much for taking the time to read this!

Best of luck with casting the show!
Take care, Miss Musical
Personal Assistant & Actress

**The casting people are so going to toss this into the waste basket - but here's hoping that they don't!**

1 comment:

  1. I saw this show for the first time on Valentine's Day... they were running a marathon, and once I'd seen one, I was hooked the rest of the way through.

    I hope they cast you! I think it would be a great opportunity and it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete