Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's Snowing!

Hello Lovelies,
FINALLY!  It's snowing here in NYC!  I've been waiting for this!  (and it's sticky snow - perfect for making snow men!)  I know I'll be making myself a snow man -- complete with a snow present to give me on snow-Valentines day. 

So I had one great and one terrible audition this past week!  I went to the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse audition on Sunday morning (they're doing Les Miz, Little Shop, All Shook Up and are also doing  a show that I was in the original cast back in Minnesota).   SO, I walked into the audition hoping for it to go well, because they knew about this show that only the folks in MN usually know about!  

Well, let me tell you, I SUCKED!  Laid a big egg in the room.  

I was so prepared to sing "Anything But Lonely" from Aspects of Love (to be considered for Fantine) and it just blew.  Big time.  

All the notes came out OK, but I had no connection with my imagined scene partner, I didn't hold the last note out liked I wanted to & pretty much was so tired that I felt like I was drunk.  
(Come to think of it, I probably would've given a better audition if I were drunk.  Must try that sometime...)

Oh, well - you gotta have some bad ones to appreciate the good ones!

BUT on Monday I did the chorus call for the new musical 9 to 5 (based on the movie) at Telsey & Co.  It went VERY well!  I sang Sara Evan's "Born to Fly" and ROCKED IT OUT!  Felt really good about how it sounded and also how I communicated with my "scene partner"!  Also, I took the beginning slowly and then sped up after 2 bars - this worked GREAT!  (that's a technique I learned from Jen Waldman!  Love it!)

Today I'm working at my personal assistant gig on the Upper East side & it's been a busy day!  Dinner reservations, car reservations, ordering orchids from the florist (see pic below!),
 looking at dresses on e-bay, playing with the two-year old & now off to get bras for the Lady of the House at La Perla.  (god that store is FANCY!  I'm so surprised that they don't ask me to leave when I go in there - I don't look like an UES tennis mommy....)

Tomorrow I have an audition for Pittsburgh CLO -- hoping that goes well!  Now it's time to go to the post office & return some stuff to Neiman Marcus & then off to Jen Waldman's AWESOME audition class!

1 comment:

  1. Your asst. job sounds like a movie. Did I already mention that in another posting? Sorry if I did...it's just so striking! And I live by La Perla in Chicago but I've never gone in...because I'm kinda scared to, haha. I think they'll take one look at me and ask me to leave .

    ReplyDelete