Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Classes & Learning stuff

Lovelies,  I thought that when I graduated from my college I would have a wealth of musical theatre knowledge & be able to use all my tools that I learned there to get me through all sorts of things.  I also thought I'd be done with classes for a while - this is not so!  And let's be honest - I love learning!  (God, I sound like an after school special commercial!)

That said I took Waldman's awesome audition class last night & it was such fun!  She is such a lovely teacher & I really feel like I make good personal strides every time I work with her!  Last night I sang a RARE Rogers & Hammerstein tune.  (from their 1946 musical HAPPY

 BIRTHDAY - weird, I know... but a GREAT song!)  Anywho - I went in not knowing what to do with it and NOW I have a clear picture of where I want the song to go, who I'm singing it to, all that good stuff!  It's the best!

SO today I auditioned for Pittsburgh CLO - went GREAT!  I sang & acted the pants off "Perfect Relationship".  God I love that song.  It fits me like a glove!  And I nail it out of the park EVERY TIME!!!  The people were really nice behind the table & Eugene- the piano player was AWESOME!
Tonight I'm off to Actors Connection for a little seminar with Merri Sugarman (casting director at Tara Rubin Casting) who casts a lot of stuff - Jersey Boys, Young Frank, Ave Q, etc....  Excited & a little nervous - but as the class starts at 7pm I gotta get on the road!  

Tomorrow will regale all of you with my tails of the Young Frankenstein Chorus Call!  (that's tomorrow morning!)

3 comments:

  1. For the record (and this isn't so much about this particular post as all of them in general), I LOVE how you OWN what you do. You are unabashedly confident and realistic, and most importantly, you are passionate and determined.

    I have no doubt. You will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classes are a great idea, not just for what you learn but for who you meet! The next time that casting director sees your face, she might remember that you're willing to put in the extra work, not sleep late and miss a rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool. I love learning too! Hope your audition goes well. I didnt realize there was a musical version of Young Frankenstein but I Loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete