Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Audition, Audition, Audition!!!

Hello dearest Lovelies,

Well, it's another fun day in my crazy life of auditions!  I did 4 today - count 'em - FOUR!!  
First off I got out of bed, hopped on the subway & found myself in a dawning Times Square at 6:55a.m.  Early - but I had my coffee in hand, so I was set!  

 I headed off to 48th Street and 8th to audition for Ogunquit Theatre in Maine.  They have a rockin' season so I went & waited early in line.  At 9:00 I got to pick my time slot for 12:50 (which was great because I had two other auditions to do on the other part of town!)  

So I zoomed out the door at 9pm and could've sworn I saw Bean-O walking ahead of me, as I was auditioning a block away from his home.  (See December 2007 posts for that info).  But I was busy & going on my merry way to Equtiy at 46th and 7th to audition for You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown! 
I got my name first on the alternate list and they called me to sing 10 minutes after I showed up!  Hooray!  So audition number 1 - done!  

Onto Camelot Chorus Call (this was the same Camelot that I had the GREAT audition for last Friday).   I trucked my cookies all the way down to MacDougal Street -- it's in the Village which is the Freakin' other end of the earth!!  Uugh.  But got there by 10:30 when the list was read & got my number (number 33 - this means I'd go within the first hour - giving me PLENTY of time to get back to my 12:50 time slot at 48th and 8th!)

I sang my song for them & they asked me if I knew Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  (which I did).  So I had to sing it 3 times, once in the key of F, once in G, and once in A....  Now the F & G sounded fine, but Mama Musical had 2 cups of coffee and one diet coke that morning -needless to say, the chords weren't as loose as I was hoping!  I totally CRACKED all over the top note --- OH NO!!!  But, they asked me to do it again, & the second time was OK - but not great.  And I always want it to be great.  

After that I ran into Roomie, my lovely roommate, and we rode the subway back to 50th.  Then I walked through the door of the Ogunquit audition & my name was being called -they were running EARLY!!  Uugh!  So I stripped (was wearing jeans under my dress -thank goodness!), threw down my headshot & resume and walked into the hallway to be put on line to audition.  
These guys behind the table today were very non-chalant and you could tell they were tired & ready for lunch.  Great crowd to preform to, huh?  But it went OK.

Off now to my final audition for the day - at Chelsea Studios on 26th and 7th.  Sacramento Music Circus was doing their women's singing Chorus Call.  Got there at 1:30 for the list to be read - got my time slot - number 22 this time -- Rock On!  (Two times where I got to go in the first hour??!!  This Day is TOO good to be true!)

So I walked in, set my music on the piano, introduced myself to the DIFFERENT pianist -thank god - and walked to the middle of the room.

Now, I don't know if the director & Music director were talkin' about me, but they were DEFINENTLY talkin' about Something!  And talking LOUD - all the way through my fucking audition!  

WHAT IS THAT??!!  I don't bust my tail to come all the way down to Chelsea to have you talk over the measly 45 seconds I'm singing to you -- there's 23 other hours and 59 minutes in the rest of your day to talk!!!  Uugh.  

But I said "Thank You, Fellas!" just as sweet as pie & made sure to thank the pianist loudly & praise him for being so skilled at reading sheet music.  


So that was my Crazy Audition Day - but over all it went pretty well!  Now I'm super tired and just finishing up some work for my personal assistant gig.  I'm starting to work on the 5 month old's baby book -- it's pretty precious...

No comments:

Post a Comment