Thursday, February 28, 2008

Work Can Be Fun!


Lovelies!  Today I am researching cakes for HHC's 2nd Birthday (which is in late March).  Just as a refresher - HHC is the little boy I nanny for two days a week when I'm not being a personal assistant for his mom.  He's a gem and he has asked for a Guitar Birthday Cake, as he's TOTALLY into music.

So this whole shin-dig is going to be Guitar Theamed and I'm pumped to get planning!  So I called City Cakes NY which is a GREAT company here on the Upper East Side and below is a smattering of their brilliant cakes!

My Favorite one is the Shoes cake!!  Brilliant!


I liked that one because it looks like a freakin' REAL Krispy Kreme box!  Doesn't it??!! (Me gusta exclamation points!!!!)

The next one is cute, but who in their right mind drops this kind of cash ($350-500) on a cake for your kids first birthday??  Oh, wait - I know that answer....  Upper East Side families do!  (and I grew up in Cake Eater, Minnesota - shouldn't I be used to this by now??!!  Oooh- MORE exclamation points!  I'm feelin' sassy today!)


So that's fun that they offer so many cool cakes - although I wish they made the one I put at the very beginning of the blog - that was from an ad for a guitar cake pan!  (what will they think of next?!)
Plus I went to audition for Drowsy Chaperone National Tour this morning and they were typing!  (Thank you, Jesus!)  I was typed out, but that's OK!  At least I know it wasn't a bad audition that didn't get me the job!

Also, I auditioned for Atlanta Theatre of the Stars (or TOTS as we all call it here), and that was fun!  I was feeling ball-sy so I went in and belted the shit out of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miz (which is in their season).  But I got a nice "Thanks for coming in, Miss Musical." which is code for "You did OK, but we're not going to use you."  

Whatevs....  I've got another audition tomorrow, so that'll be fun!  (If I can get up for it -- it's an open call for Avenue Q...  Uugh...  That means I gotta be there at 6am in order to get a slot...)  We'll see...  I kinda wanna stay up late and watch "Triumph of Love" with my roomie tonight and eat Thai food!   Hmm... Tempting.... (and I did 8 auditions this week, so I feel good about that!)

On a high note - I got into a class with Eric Woodall - one of the top casting directors here in NY!  Hooray!  You have to audition to get into it (which means they don't take sucky, un-talented people) and the guy setting up the class let me in based off my stuff I have on you tube!  Hooray!

1 comment: