Friday, February 15, 2008

When all the world is brimming with fun, wholesome or "Un".

Oh Lovelies,  I just about floated out of my Camelot (NY Philharmonic) audition today!  I got to audition for LONNIE PRICE!  What a trip!  (he was the Kellerman Nephew in Dirty Dancing and, my favorite, Ronnie in "The Muppets Take Manhattan")  

Everyone in the room was SO nice!  Wouldn't it be lovely if I actually got into a show?  I felt like I did a really great job - and I sang the song I worked on in Waldman's class!  It went great (I sing it like I'm waiting to find out the results of my pregnancy test!) was very exciting to bring that into the room, as NO ONE else sings it!  And it's such a GREAT song - and a great fit for me!  

And (Best Part) when I was done Lonnie Price said "Very Charming!"  AAHHH!!!  I nearly wet myself I was so happy!  Vali-freakin'-dation!!!  Usually the people behind the table just say "Thanks" and have me scoot out!  At last - one of my auditions has been validated as being "charming" by someone who is a Big Wig!  

I also saw Stac at the audition - she & I went out last night to the dashing diva and had cosmos whilst enjoying our Mani/Pedis.  THEN we went to dinner at a great place called Nicks on 94th and 2nd.  

I took a cab to get there!

People - I never EVER take cabs, but I took TWO yesterday!  Exciting, right?! One reason for the cab was because my manicure was still drying on the way to Nicks and the other because I had a couple glasses of wine at dinner and didn't want to take the subway home.  (and by had a couple glasses - I mean more than 2... Ahem..)

Overall it was the best Valentine's day I've ever had!  And I never felt sorry for myself  - not once - for not dating!  Hooray!  I just enjoyed my day & made the best of it.  Also, it didn't hurt that my roommate left this on my freshly toasted bread.  
She's a good Roomie.   

5 comments:

  1. so jealous! when i came home it was to *crunch* 1/2 pound of coffee beans on the kitchen floor my roomie dumped and didnt have time before her date to clean up. boo. lucky bum

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, CONGRATS on a great audition!

    Second: Best. Valentine. EVER.
    I want peanut butter hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true - was a pretty great Valentine! (And who doesn't love a little PB heart every now & again?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad for your audition! and i love the adorable roomie hearts on bread. i too chose to be happy this valentines day and went to dinner with two people and had a 5 course french meal with a bottle of champagne! life is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roommate is awesome! I have a guy friend who once brought over heart shaped pancakes to a girlfriend and I complaining about being too hungover to leave the house for food- and this is a motorcycle riding, beer drinking, MAN's man! The gsture will b forever remembered.

    ReplyDelete