Monday, June 2, 2008

Miss Musical's Summer Favorites!


Lovelies,  I saw that Oprah had her Summer Favorite things episode the other day -- and I thought I should do a summer favorite things as well (and for those of you who know me & read this - my birthday is coming up on June 21st -- hint, hint!)

Here's a few of my favorite things to have, see and do in the summertime!


1. Ice Cream.  My favorite is Ben & Jerry's Half Baked (Lo-Fat) it's tasty & GREAT!  Sadly my true favorite is in the Ben & Jerry's Graveyard....  It's called S.N.A.F.U (Strawberries Naturally All Fudged Up)  It's heaven on a spoon!  


2. Sitting outside in Central Park (preferably with a picnic on the Great Lawn during the week when it's less tourist-y)  The best is getting cheese & wine at Whole Foods on 59th and 8th and then wandering into the park!  Brilliant stuff!


3. The Pazzi Dress from Calypso.  I have it in 3 colors and I live in it during the summer!  (but it's not good for girls with bigger chests - if you're blessed with the boobies, then you want to look at the Julia dress...)


4. O.P.I. Not so Bora-Bora ing Pink nail polish!  Perfect for any summer pedicure!


5. Sushi and cocktails outside at Bamboo 52 here in NYC.  (it's such a great place - the outdoor cafe is so enjoyable!)  Plus the sushi is SMASHING and the drinks are lovely! (I recommend the Dragon Roll)

6. My Mella Terry Cloth Sandals.  These are best found at shopbop.com and I like the one's that are Raspberry with the Orange rubber sole or the ones that are Orange with the Raspberry rubber sole.  (and then best part - you can wear them right off the bat & get NO BLISTERS because it's terry cloth!  Love that!)


7. In Minneapolis, you just can't beat lawn bowling on the roof at Brit's Pub.  (it's super fly because you're on a roof in the middle of downtown and there's grass on the roof -wait a minute - that makes it sound REALLY lame... but it's not - don't be fooled by this bloggers lack of handy descriptions!  It really is a cool place!)


8. Big plastic beach bags from Land's End.  Also, they usually have a matching towel of sorts with their bags.  I love that!  This summer's bag has polka dots on it!  (Last years was paisley!  Fun, right??  ...oh, god, I'm a sad, sad person when I'm calling polka dot plastic bags Fun!)


9. Popsicles!  (They're sexy AND the cool you off!)  I like the strawberry fruit ones the best!


10.  Last, but not least, I LOVE the Great Minnesota Get - Together!  The one and only Minnesota State Fair!  I go every year and every year I love it more.  (below is a picture of the Sweet Martha Cookie Booth.)  I would Kill for these cookies...  You think I'm joking, right?  WRONG!


Oh, Summer!  How I love you!  (Plus I also like it 'cause it's my birthday on June 21st!)  And cause it's warm.  And did anyone else from MN notice the lack of mosquito's in NYC during the summer months??  Now THAT's Something to Smile about!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I missed Oprah's favorite things. Really, I just want to be on the show that day.

    ReplyDelete