Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday night = Fun night!


Lovelies, so I was feeling a little silly yesterday and I decided to sign up for an event called Finance Meets Fashion.  It's a singles night for men in finance & women in fashion. Great idea, right?!  


I was worried that I wouldn't be accepted to the event - due to the fact that I'm more-so of a personal assistant than a personal shopper... But I buy things from the fancy stores for Lady of the House, so I'm kind of her personal shopper...  (Which is what I put down in the job field area of the application.)  But I got accepted - so I'm off tonight to the big event & then to pop/rock class!  


Pocket Change - the sponsor (and one of my favorite websites) says the event "facilitates destiny by purifying the dating pool bringing together only the most appealing populations in the New York dating game."  

AWESOME!   

I'm really not THAT superficial, but I just like a guy that's a little more educated, a little more focused on career and overall a great catch - to match MY catchy-ness...  (I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...)

By the way - I put the ring I talked about yesterday on Lay-Away!  I plunked down $100 this morning and will have it all paid off by the end of July!  I love paying for things in small doses... Plus it'll make it all the sweeter when I get it on my finger in a month & a half!  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new site!!!

    Shallow? Never! If I was single I would find a friend to vouche I was her personal shopper, just to go. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a better time at the party than people are talking about. Article says it was more of a mixer where the men were on one side and the woman were on the other. Ugh, why is dating in NYC so hard?!

    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/06/fashion-meets-finance.php

    ReplyDelete