Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things are looking up!


Lovelies - I was just workin' my buns off today for the Lady of the House!  I am pooped & I've barely left my desk!  (LOTS of e-mails, phone calls, orders, faxes and of course, appointments.) 

I love my job, but it kills me when her 2 year old son, who we'll call Henny Penny, comes and BEGS me to play with him and I can't because I'm swamped with work!  (because let's be honest here - wouldn't you rather play with the cool 26 year old nanny who sings the Guys & Dolls vocal selections to you?  Or would you rather be in the company of an aging Chinese woman who is not really that into making up games, singing songs, etc?)

Let's face it people -I'm Mary Poppins...  The cooler of the two nannies, fo' sho'.  

Later this summer I'll be able to join the family at their Hampton's home and then I'll get to play all day on the beach with him & not have to worry about the leg waxing appointment for Lady of the House at J. Sisters or the Friends of the High line Benefit RSVP (which is a great organization you should all donate to!)  Count down 20 days to Hampton's Heaven!  


Something fun that happened today was I got an e-mail for an INVITED AUDITION!!!  It's for the Ordway Center for the Arts in St. Paul MINNE-FREAKIN-SOTA!!!  That means I'd get to go home, lovers.  Home sweet home...  (I'd click my heels three times & wish real hard, if my Mella sandals weren't in danger of falling off...)


Oh, Ordway!  How pleased am I that you called ME for the upcoming production of Yankee Doodle!  (they need a strong tapper -so I'm hauling my ass to tap class on Saturday!  I took for 18 years, but I'm freaked out a little by these dance audition things...)  But overall - it's a nice little feather in my cap!  A spring in my step! A notch in my belt! Ok.... I'm stopping now.


2 comments:

  1. I would love to get paid to be at the Hamptons for two weeks...nanny or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that really their house?

    ReplyDelete