Friday, June 20, 2008

The week of Birthday Continues....



Lovelies, I just had my audition for Hairspray!

I sang GREAT, looked GREAT, but sadly I guess explaining my cut in the music to the pianist wasn't great... and well, it didn't go quite as I planned...  He kind of stopped playing half way through.  I'm sure I didn't do the cut right, but I was so sure that it was clearly marked...  He joined in with me again at the end.


But I still rocked it out!  (It was the Splish Splash song that I did in my pop/rock class the other week!)   It's such a fun & up beat song to sing and when things started to go down hill all I could think was "I didn't wake up at the ass crack of dawn to come in here & do a bad audition.  No way man.  Not today!"  So I pulled it together and carried on!  Felt good to just do my job.

Last night was the last pop/rock class.  Sniff, cry...  I love that class and am so sad that I won't get to rock it out anymore!  And my last Cassara class was on Sunday night...  No more classes...  AARUGH!!!  Where am I going to get my creative groove on?  (hopefully the show-lette in MN will be a good outlet for that!)

Time to get back to work!


1 comment:

  1. That is SO fun!
    Hairspray is fantastic...
    as are all Broadway
    shows as far as I'm
    concerned! Holla.

    Way to get your singing
    on!

    Gooood luck!

    ReplyDelete