Monday, June 16, 2008

I Got a Show! Well, kind of a show...

Hello my lovelies!  Well, well, well.... what a weekend it was!  

I have some exciting news!  I'm going home for three weeks to do a show!  While it wasn't the show I initially tried out for, it's still a project to work on - and I'm pumped!  And I love anyone who loves me enough to offer me a good project! Hooray!!!  


It's going to be at the Ordway Center in St. Paul, MN and my "show-lette" as I like to call it, is a little "extra" before the real show starts.  It's kind of an educational cabaret where patrons can find out more about the life of George M. Cohan - whom the musical Yankee Doodle is based on.  And I'll get to sing various songs during the 50 minute show-lette!  I'm assuming the show will cover how Mr. Cohan influenced later musical theatre and pop music...  Regardless, I'm pumped!  


Speaking of the Ordway Center - the first man I ever had a crush on used to work there.  Kevin McCollum is his name and I saw my first show at the Ordway. (This was an OLD picture I found of him - what an awful tie...)

I was 12.  

He was the producer & CEO of the Ordway and also 20 years older than me.  And he was SO hot and he loved theatre and he liked the ladies.  

I was in love.  

While all the other girls at school had Danny or one of the other New Kids on the Block names scrawled across their notebook, mine had Kevin McCollum + Miss Musical with a BIG heart around it and kiss marks next to it.  (God, I'm such a nerd....)

I only met him once.  It was at the Orpheum theatre a couple years later and I was in high school.  I was there to see a touring Broadway show and so was he - well friends, I just about leaped out of my seat to shake his hand!  I'm sure that he didn't want to meet a 16 year old from Cake Eater, Minnesota but I SURE wanted to meet Him!  

Fast forward to 10 years later.  I'm still smitten each time I see a picture of him - and I've seen him on the street once.  The love of my life - Kevin McCollum - just won ANOTHER Tony award for In the Heights last night...  And his beautiful wife Lynette Perry (also an actress) was right by his side.  

AARUGH!  MARRIED!!!  Such a tragedy!   (and of course she's a size 2, absolutely stunning, and graduated just one year after him at CCM.  Uugh...)


I was so sure he would've waited for me!  

But one never knows does one??  There's always divorce.  Or cancer.  (Terrible, terrible...  I shouldn't write such things...)

Or perhaps I could just be his mistress and then we can BOTH have him!  I think this is the only fair option, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, he sure is HANDSOME! I would have had a crush on him, too, when I was 12, if I knew who he was back then!

    ReplyDelete