Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You can't see the Chrysler Building from Minnesota.


Lovelies, I was having a chat with my friend Coffee Man tonight (whom wishes to be referred to as the Espresso Genius now - ah, men & their egos...) and was whining about how sad I was leaving Minnesota.  It's such a problem I have...  


I love New York, but I also love Minnesota.  I usually end up talking about Minnesota a lot of the time in NYC.  I bust out the accent to give my friends a good laugh and the occasional "Yah, you betcha" for a giggle here & there.  But seriously - I'm fiercely proud of my Minnesota roots and wear my heart on my sleeve about that issue.  


At the same time, when I'm back in MN I kinda miss being in the hustle & bustle of New York City.  I enjoy a great many things about NYC!  I love going skating at Bryant Park in the winter, I love the tall buildings and seeing Lady Liberty on a monthly basis.  I love playing "tour guide" ad it's very fun to have family and friends come out here & visit...


.... However, there's always the flip side where I miss walking around the Lakes, I miss going to my home church with my parents, I miss my cabin in the summer and I miss seeing my family on a weekly basis.  

I do want to have a career on Broadway & regional theatre.  I also want to move home and have my children (someday) in Minnesota with a husband who enjoys living there as much as I do!   (Seriously - it's a great place to raise kids!)

Garrison Keillor of "Prairie Home Companion" fame moved back from NYC to raise his daughter in Minnesota.  Can I do that too?  (He's also 65 years old and fathered his daughter at 55...  I'm on a little more of a time crunch.  My eggs have an expiration date in about 10 years...)

We shall see, my lovelies...  We shall see what the future holds for Miss Musical

No comments:

Post a Comment