Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What an AWESOME weekend!


Lovelies, I missed all of you this weekend.  Truly, I did.  BUT I was so BUSY in Minnesota and had a freakin' fantastic time!

Here's what my weekend was like:

THURSDAY:

- Had a car pick me up & bring me to JFK (God, I love a good car service!  I don't think I could do another train ride to JFK.  It's $32 from Actoria, but well worth every penny!)

- Got home in time to do some shopping at Southdale with Mom (Who got a new bra at Vicki's?!?  Oh, wait - I DID!  Holla!)  I'm so street, right?  (Note to self, never EVER say anything like that out loud...  Ever....)

- Ate a tasty home cooked meal & enjoyed TV time with the 'rents.

FRIDAY: (aka - 1st full day at the fair!)

- Got up at 9am to catch the bus from Southdale to the fair!  (Lovelies, believe you me - I was so excited for this fair day I was almost peeing in my pants.  Seriously.)  


- Got to the fair & promptly went to the "All you can drink for $1.00 milk booth".  
FYI: You may ask: "Miss Musical, did you keep your milk glass the whole day?!" and I may reply: "Why yes I did, bitches! - and it only cost me a buck to drink cow-udder goodness for the entire time at the fair!"


- Went on the barn tour with mom - here's some barns we toured with our cute cowboy guide: The Poultry Barn, the Livestock Barn, and my personal favorite the Swine Barn (partially because I enjoy the big boar - see above - HOLY BALLS!) I really can't help myself when I go in there - I just break into the song "Zuckermans Famous Pig" from Charlotte's Web.  You know "Oh, wow, look at him now! Zuckerman's Famous Pig!  Fine Swine, wish he was mine!"  .... Well I think I've embarrassed myself enough with that right now - or I could consult the picture of me with one of the "Oink booth" children's head bands on my adult sized head. (I only kept it on that morning)

- Saw the Church Basement Ladies preform songs from Church Basement Ladies: A second helping!  Those ladies did a GREAT job singing & dancing for Jesus.  And the were SO funny!   (this was the show that I originated in MN - here's a pic of the new gal who's playing my part now!)

- Saw Trombone Shorty (they were AWESOME - a modern Dixie land band!  Who doesn't love that!?) and the talent show (some bis-natch ripped off Kristin Chennoweth's version of "If you Hadn't, but You Did" complete with exact same choreography & everything.)  I was so mad I could spit - that's copyright violation.   I kinda want to get that girl in trouble - you know, just because stealing someone Else's choreography is wrong.  WRONG.  I don't care if she's in high school - that shit does not fly with me!


- Also my dad & I had the good fortune to see Garrison Keeler do his radio show "A Prairie Home Companion" live at the Grand Stand that night!  Was so much fun to see it done live!  (The movie was good, but Meryl Streep is no Sue Scott!)  They had advertisements by faux ketchup and duct tape - was quite funny!  Lots of political jokes & a very sweet song at the end about Mr. Keeler still has trouble saying goodbye to his father who passed away years ago.  I cried.  For real.  

SATURDAY:

- Up kinda early and Coffee Man came to pick me up for what proved to be awesome day #2 at the fair!

- When we got to the fair we went to the MN State Fair History Museum in Heritage Square.  It was GREAT! (Did you know that Daisy & Violet Hilton from the musical Side Show actually PERFORMED at the Fair?!  Awesome!)
 
- We ate wonderful sweet corn, mini-Cinnamon buns, deep fried cheese on a stick, chocolate covered bacon (this is the only real pic of me I will ever post on here, because it's too good to miss), ribs, foot-long Hot Dogs, lemonade, french fries, beer, strawberry smoothies, corn dogs, and MUCH more that I can't remember due to food coma..

.
- Saw the Talent show - no "choreography stealing little high school pom-pom girls" this night.

- Went on the Ye Old Mill (aka. Lovers lane - my grandparents went on this ride & made out back in the day)  It's pretty lame, but if you're with a sweetie it might be fun!  Coffee man & I just had fun screaming out obscene things like "Rape!" an "Touch me Where I pee!" in the dark.  God, I'm such a 13 year old boy.  (I'm chuckling right now thinking about it...)


- Saw the Orchid show at the Agriculture/Horticulture museum!  Was just amazing!  They also had a bonsai exhibit and a big honey exhibit!  I love learning about flowers & honey.  (and birds & bees, if you know what I mean... wink.. wink...)

-Rode the Sky Ride (I love this - I feel like I'm 5 years old on it!)  


-After a full day of eating & rides we went to see the movie Hamlet 2.  I thought it was funny!  (Not as good as Waiting for Guffman, but really, what is? )  I'd give it a Miss Musical 4 stars out of 5.  My favorite song was Rock Me Sexy Jesus.  Very catchy tune.


SUNDAY:
- Took my best buddy R.Go to birthday brunch at 20.21 in the Walker.  We had an awesome brunch of poached eggs, scrambled eggs, french toast with bananas foster in it, fruit smoothies, Bellini's, and MUCH more!  (and it's a pretty good deal for a nice brunch!)
Plus you get to be in an awesome restaurant with a GREAT view of downtown Minneapolis!


- Hung out with Mom.
- Took a Nap.
- Went out for drinks at Lucia wine bar with R. Go, Gen & Steph and the lovely soon to be lawyer: Holls.  Always a blast with those fabulous people!

Monday:
- Slept in.
- Visited Grandma.
- Visited Auntie.
- Napped again (siestas are such a beautiful thing - we gotta bring 'em back)
- Packed & got ready to come home to NYC.

And so I bid a fond adieu to the fair...  At least until next year...  :)


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun-filled weekend indeed. Hooray for the Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Wisconsin and this just brought back SO many memories!

    ReplyDelete