Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Update: Espresso Man in Town


Lovelies, I had a GREAT weekend!  My friend the Espresso Genius, formerly known on this blog as Coffee Man, came out from Minnesota to spend the weekend with me!  He rang me on Thursday night, asked what I was doing this weekend and booked a ticket to come out on Friday!  Hooray for spur of the moment flights!  (and frequent flyer miles... God Bless NWA...)

We caused much mayhem all around NYC and I'm certain that it was one of the most fun, busy and successful weekends I've had!  


Espresso Genius arrived on Friday evening and we watched a little of the debate and then scooted out the door to get to Ruby Foo's in Times Square.  We had sushi, Kung pao chicken and dessert!  (Yum!)  


Then we walked to find a Pinkberry (the closest one was at 32nd and 5th) and then walked to Union Square eating tasty tart Pinkberry.  I love Asian food inventions:  Sushi, pan-Asian food, and Pinkberry.... 


Saturday we got up & milled about the apartment for a bit.  Then it was off to State News to pick up Balloons for T-man's birthday party!  I made Espresso Genius carry the balloons down 3rd Avenue - he was a hit with the kids!  


I went to the party and Espresso Genius went to the MoMA - which is his all time fav. NYC museum.  So, after the party he picks me up at Master & Lady of the House's home on the Upper East Side - he got to meet the whole tribe of wonderful people that I work for, including T-Man who was celebrating his first birthday!  


Then we went to the theatre the Avenue Q is playing at to get rush lottery tickets (For those of you who don't know, rush is when you arrive early & get cheap tickets.  A lottery makes this into a fun event where everyone puts their names in a hat & they pull 12 people - and WE WON!!  HOORAY!!)

So then we went and grabbed a quick bite at my favorite place Etc. Etc. on 44th Street - was heavenly!  (and Weight Watchers would've been proud - I minded my points!)  Just a lovely glass of wine, a savory plate of braised short ribs & broccoli and a little cookie for dessert!  

Then we saw the show - OMG funny!  I'd seen it before, but it was just as funny this time!  

We then went to the swanky (and quiet enough so you can hear each other) Ritz Carlton Hotel bar!  Fancy!

Sunday was Statue of Liberty and getting ready for Espresso Genius's departure that evening...  Was such a fun weekend!  

Hooray for great times with excellent friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment