Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Race for the Cure, Tenement Museum and Family Times ROCK!



Well, lovelies - what a GREAT weekend it was!  Mama Musical was in town this weekend to Race for the Cure.  We spent all day shopping on Saturday (I introduced mom to the wonders of Bare Minerals make up!)  AND mom bought me a new dress from Banana Republic!  Hooray!  Here's a pic of the lovely purchase:

I found out that my dress went on sale from $150 down to $99, so I went & got a price adjustment yesterday!  Love that!

So mom & I did Race for the Cure on Sunday morning - Cynthia Nixon was there and she was the Grand Marshall!  Was fun to hear "Miranda's voice" doing the countdown before the race started!  I might even try & run it next year - but I just love walking it so much!  It's for such a good cause!


Sunday afternoon we met up with my little brother (who really isn't that little - he's 24) and we all went to the Tenement Museum!  It was FANTASTIC!  We did the "Piecing it Together" tour about working in the Garment Industry in the 1800's and early 1900's.  I love that historical stuff!  (AND I asked the guide if there had ever been any ghost sightings at the Tenement house and he said they weren't allowed to disclose that information.  WHAT?!  I want some ghost stories - there must be some old spirits that haunt that place...)


This was one of the little apartments that we saw on the tour.  I think I'm going to become a member of the museum - it's only $45 and you get unlimited tours.  I love history and I love a good tour - and the membership fee goes to preserving the museum!  


If you should ever visit NYC, dear reader, make SURE that you visit this museum if the history is your thing...  It's just so interesting to see how our ancestors coped & lived when they first immigrated to the United States!  What a struggle to get to where we are today!  (It makes my struggles acting in NYC look like small cookies compared to what they had to do to get by!)


No comments:

Post a Comment