Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tours, Texts & E-mails - Oh, my!

Lovelies,  today has been pretty uneventful so far...  Woke up late (uugh- that's $$ that I'll be missin' out on -- I get paid hourly, so when I don't work the cash doesn't come in!)  


BUT I did go on a tour today with the Urban Mothers Group - we went to the Whitney Museum and saw the biennial exhibit.  It's mainly of new emerging artists - very interesting stuff!  (mainly sculpture and video art, but overall was great!)  And our tour guide told us the stories behind the works of art & of how their makers chose (or didn't choose in some cases) to present the final product.  

Some of it was TOTALLY beyond my grasp, but the guide was very good at making what could be seen as just another exposed large photograph or just a pile of colored bees wax into a work of art -- I love that I get to call myself an artist, too!  It's fun for me to breathe life into a song or text.  (Speaking of fun - I still have to do my homework for the Musical Theatre Class I'm taking tonight!  I love me some Boyle, it's true -he's the guru for Musical Theatre lovin' folk here in NYC.  

So that brings me to work... where I'm at right now - calling Manhattan Mini Storage and waiting for a text from Cute Upper East Side Guy...  

Lovelies, did I do the right thing to send him a reminder text?  He hadn't called me, but told me on Friday night what a great time he had & that he would like to take me out again sometime.  But then never called.  So today - because I need closure - sent him a text & here's how things are playing out...

Miss M: Cute Guy!  Really enjoyed meeting you last week.  Thanks again for the great evening!  All the best - Miss Musical

And he responded:

CG: Hey there you are.  I had fun as well.  How's your day going...

Miss M: Great!  Just wrapped up a museum tour - was really interesting!  How's your day going?

CG: Not too bad.  Mad Busy with work though - sucks.  Want to be outside.  What museum?

Miss M: The Whitney.   Lots of Sculptures & Video Art!  Bummer that work is busy for you... Hope it gets better!  :)

And I haven't back from him yet.  (Mind you this is all of 15 minutes ago - so now I've laid the groundwork.  I texted.  I let him know I was still alive.  Now it's his turn to make the move...  

...or perhaps I've just got to face the fact that I was the first to get in touch and that usually means - what ladies?!  Say it with me:

He's Just Not that Into You!


I hate when that fucking book is right...  and it happens so many more times than not.  

On an up-note I'm drinking a lovely diet Coke right now - which can put a smile on my face at any time!  (I'm so easy to please... give me a diet Coke and a sunny day & I'm a happy girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment