Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Internet dating is Not Always Kosher.


Lovelies, I've been a little out of touch lately - it's something I promise I'll work
on!

In addition to my usually crazy auditioning life I've been doing the match.com thing,
this is always a very interesting process in dating someone. However, this one fella
and I had been e-mailing for quite some time and he seemed really great. Asked for
my phone number, called me, I called him back the next day & then I never heard back
from him!

WHAT THE F#@K!!

So, as I was cleaning out my inbox today I noticed his long -forgotten e-mail asking
for my number & I decided to e-mail him back to let him know how to avoid this in the
future!

This was the e-mail:

Hey there, John,
Just wanted to send you an e-mail & let you know
that I was a little bummed when you didn't return
my call last week. And of course you didn't miss
your window of opp. then, but when you didn't call
me after a week.... well, perhaps some things aren't
meant to be...

FYI for next time - girls love it when you call when
you say your going to! It'll always score you big
points in the female world - whether it's your
sister, mom or gal your interested in - we as a
female people love that!

Best of luck to you,
Miss Musical

AND HE ACTUALLY HAD THE BALLS TO WRITE BACK!!

This is what he wrote:

You are right and I have absolutely no excuse. I think
I just need a break from match. I did want to
talk/meet/get to know you. I think it's just a thing I
need to handle.
There is no excuse and you don't deserve that.

Good Luck Miss Musical

Well - it was nice to get him to say that he was sorry. But it makes me mad that I'm
the one that has to explain these things to him... shouldn't that have been done alreadyby
his tender age of 36? uugh....

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh ewwww how disappointing. This made me sad, no doubt. I too signed up for Match but didn't pay. It was more of an "I'm curious" type thing. The guy I'm currently dating? He found me somehow and here we are. So good things are possible from dating sites. But I think it just takes a hell of a lot of time and patience to sort through the crummy ones. Case in point: I started poking around there last October, and only in late Jan. did me and said boy start talking. Good luck, Miss M! It is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. That's rough. If he's not ready for a relationship, he shouldn't be on Match. If he met someone else that he's really into, he should just say it. You've never met the guy, your feelings wouldn't be too hurt.

    ReplyDelete