Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mamma Mia! Here I go... well, not quite again...


Lovelies! Yesterday I got a phone call from the casting office that works on Mamma Mia!

(Don't get too excited... I wasn't asked for a callback or audition) BUT I was asked to be a reader!

Clappity - clap - clap!!!

FYI - the reader is someone who the casting office brings in to read sides with the people auditioning... and I was that girl for this call! They were auditioning for the lead young male understudies in Mamma Mia - so I got to read the young female part. (which I have never considered myself to be that kind of part - so that was exciting to get to read for it!)

The fellas that came in for the reading were all so sweet and talented! (and HOT! -- I got a little icky in my yuckies.... so to speak...)

Was really fun to hear what goes on after they leave the room - you could really tell this group of people knew what they wanted - made me feel good about when I go and audition! I am doing nothing wrong -just am not a correct "type" for a show or perhaps not the vocal sound or styling that they're looking for!

I'm just so pleased that I got to be a part of the whole thing- and while I wasn't perfect, I felt pretty darn good about it! And I had fun - which is the most important thing! (but really - how can you not have fun when you get to have hot men singing & touching you!?!)


At times it felt like the picture below... Hot.... I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment