Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring has Sprung in NYC! (From Last Thursday)

**This is the one I started last Thursday... Sorry for the delay lovelies - it's going to jump around a bit**

Lovelies - it's here! Spring is HERE! It's 68 degrees and sunny outside right now!

Pure bliss!

Today has been busy, but productive so far! I woke up at 7a.m. (uugh) and trucked my cookies down to Ripley Greer Studios for the Roundabout theatre audition for Pal Joey. (I like that show!) But I'm sure they'll cast all the parts with people from the appointment and invited auditions.... Oh, well, we'll have to wait & see! I felt really good about my audition - and for being 10a.m. I feel like I did a pretty bang -up job!

The casting associate was in the room today - not even the casting director. The good thing about that is that you really don't know when the casting associate will become the casting director in a year or two... So it's good to play nice as others climb up the ladder!

Last night was the third week of the Musical Theatre Forum. One word to describe the class: AWESOME! My class is so freakin' talented it's scary. We are now starting to get into the thick of classes and I'm REALLY enjoying it! This week our guest casting director was Cindy Rush - and she was so sweet! I went last & sang "Spark of Creation" and also my R&H standard ballad. Here's what happened:

I sang Spark, it was OK. I sang again with direction to be Elphaba casting a spell. THEN my teacher, or as I call him the Wonderful Wizard of Boyle, came and told me to close my eyes... and then he took my hands and put them out in the air outstretched while I was singing and then told me to lean forward and move my legs into a wider stance.

Oh.My.God. Result = AWESOME. I felt so powerful & grounded, it was a little scary for me! But eye opening!

(now onto the next post...)

Spark of Creation is a big high belt number -

No comments:

Post a Comment