Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Dress! New Shoes! I'm totally having a BCBG fashonista fun day!

Lovelies, I just went to BCBG Max Azria and spent some SERIOUS money on clothes.  Here's the fun part - 2/3 of it was already paid for!  

But How is it Paid for Miss Musical, you might ask??

Well, Lovelies, The Lady of the House, who I am personal assistant to, left a store credit on my desk last week with a note that said "Happy Easter, Miss Musical!  Here's a store credit that you might enjoy - go buy yourself something nice!"

I nearly wet myself I was so excited!  New clothes!  From a fancy store on Madison Avenue that I could normally NEVER AFFORD!  Hooray!!!

I tried on some dresses there yesterday and just didn't find one that suited my tastes.  I went back today & looked at shoes and casual dresses and.... Violia!  Found the dress above (got it in violet - not the blue above) and also the shoes below!  


I love clothes!  And I love my Musical Theatre Audition Class!  Last night we were very lucky to have the delightful casting director from Papermill Playhouse and North Shore Theatre come & watch our class.  She's great & I'm going to refer to her as the PaperMill Goddess.  (or PMG, if you will...)

Now Lovelies,  I used to think that the PMG was a little scary (come to think of it I used to think all casting directors were scary) but when you realize that they all have lives & families it's not so bad once you realize that!  They're real people, too!  (and hey, like the kids book says - Everybody Poops.)  

And last night the PaperMill Goddess was LOVELY & KIND & Honest with me about my audition material.  Loved that!  I sang my big 1940's belter number which I love to sing!  (Kelly Clarkson did it on the first season of Idol - for those of you who remember...)  


Then she asked for a good actor song that showed the best part of my voice and I sang "Imagine My Surprise" from Personals.  For those of you who remember Bean-O, I use him a visual for who I'm singing to and it get's me to that good acting/ real person place EVERY TIME!  (I usually start to choke up at the end of the song).  

BTW - this song is GREAT for any girl who has had a great relationship and you were into it and he wasn't.  So I did that twice in the room, and it was hard for me to make the transition from the big 1940's number into the second song. But my second time through the second song I totally went there and was just talking to Bean-O (he wasn't there, but I imagined he was) and again... got choked up & had to deal with that during the end of the song.  

RAW HONESTY - People love it & they can't get enough of it.  Both VP and the Goddess approved.  When I become vulnerable & let people into my own brain & life that's when my "X" factor kicks in.  (and that's the X factor in the casting world - that something you can't put your finger on that makes a performer exciting & makes you as an audience member want to watch them.)  


It's a gift & a curse, because when it's on, IT'S ON!  But when it's off... well, let's just say it's not the best work I can do.

Overall, I felt like I gave a really good showing for the PaperMill Goddess and also for VP, but most importantly, I felt like I really gave a good showing to myself.  

(OMG- that was so cheezy...)

But I sure felt rockin' about the class last night!  (And let me tell you - my fellow classmates all ROCK - we have a really talented group of people!)  I'm so thrilled that I get to have this class for another 5 weeks!  

4 comments:

  1. So cool!!! I LOVE the BCBG dress and the shoes are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0h im so jealous! i love that dress!! glad you nailed your audition! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolce & Rachel - thanks ladies! I heart my dress, too! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need someone like that in my life.

    So awesome and so jealous.

    It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete