Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sun burn, Dismissals & Beverages of the Adult Nature...

Lovelies, some big events happened today!


I got my first sun burn of the season whilst on a walking tour with the Urban Mothers group that I help out with - it's itchy now. Delightful. And my face just got color - but my shoulders are BRIGHT RED. Am going to have a super tan line from this one, I'm sure....

Another fun thing is that I FINALLY quit my hostessing job at the Pan Asian Palace in Times Square. But the weird thing was, when I told my manager he said "Well, actually I have to let you go..." like he was trumping my 2 weeks notice! And then he told me he didn't want me there if I was going to have a bad attitude, which I so do not. I would never leave any place I work on a bad note. (and for the record I am working on Saturday night, but he won't let me work a second week - what's up with that?? I WANT to give my full two weeks.)



All I can say about this besting me is: What the F#%K?!

It irks me that he had to go and do that just to save face for himself, but now can I still say that I'm leaving on my own terms? I mean, I just wanted it to be MY call, not his. And the he brought up the fact that I'm late a lot. This is true, but not crazy 3 hours late, like 10 or 15 min. late. And it's not all the time -it's once a month or so. So he said he was letting me go because of that... It wrecked my whole plan. But here's my question: Is it still OK to put this on my resume, because I'm sure that the way he sees it is that he fired me?? - which I don't look at it that way...

Now, it did pull in an extra 5,000 last year from the Pan Asian Palace, but I'd rather start my own home organizational business. I did that in Minnesota and loved it - so I'm hoping to do that same thing in NYC! (I should really put my before & after pics of rooms I've done on this blog - I'm pretty good at organizing) and I'm sure the Upper East Side mommies would pay big bucks for it! I had two moms in my tour group this morning ask to use me! So that might be a good Saturday afternoon gig.

...Or I could join a band - that would be fun, too!


Whatever happens - I know one thing: This little lady is treating herself to a beer tonight!

1 comment:

  1. What a bastard! Because you are still working tomorrow night I don't think that counts as him firing you. If you were fired, you would have received a paycheck and a kick in the butt on the way out.

    I think you're okay. And besides, the organizing job sounds MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete