Monday, April 21, 2008

What to do?? What to do??

Lovelies, for my musical theatre class we had to write out our plans (one sheet for each time period) for: 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years and 20 years. It's very exciting as I'm a very ambitious girl when it comes to the career and such!


Some of my goals were financial based, and that was a real eye-opener. I discovered that at some point I want to be a homeowner and also that I'd like to have a decent slush fund as well as retirement fund... And I usually don't think a lot about the moo-lah, so that was interesting for me...

Now most of the 1 month, 6 month 1 year and 5 year goals include: get a date for New Years at least once, get a callback for a Broadway show, get an agent, work on new website layout, read at least 30 new books, see 20 Broadway shows, etc...

The 10 year one is the real shocker, as my top three goals shifted from being theatre-based to family based. 1. Being Happily married to an awesome guy! 2. Having 2 healthy and happy children 3. Seeing my family between 8-10 times per year.... with "Summer in Minnesota???" in parentheses... But directly after is "In 10 years I hope to have done 4 Broadway shows or more, 1 national tour, and visited Thailand or India (perhaps on my honeymoon.)"


Ambitious, much??

But seriously - the exercise was really fun to do! And very informative about myself and my goals! (some of which I didn't even think of before!) Also, it made me think that no matter how much I plan, things might not work out the way I intended. But that's OK! It's what keeps life interesting!

...And it made me think of the little things I want to do - like be kissed along the Seine in Paris... I want to do that sometime! I'm such a romantic!

So, my Lovelies: What are your little or big "To-Do's"??

I'm so curious to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment