Thursday, May 1, 2008

Suck it up! (and Get the Gimmies)


Lovlies,  I totally thought Wednesday night's musical theatre class was going to go well!  I had on my hot-to-trot outfit, I was feeling great about my two new songs that I picked to work on, and then I got up there - sang fine - and was told that I need to stop staring at one point on the back wall & "be a Human" when I sing.  

This shouldn't be a problem - I'm a professional, right?  I have loads of training under my belt and I'm a smart girl!  So I tried my best to "be a human" but when I sang my second song the casting director stopped me half way through and said "You're doing it again!!".  I just wish I knew how to stop - I guess what I consider to be "focus" he thinks is just staring for the sake of staring.  Uugh.  I can't win....  But next week we have a lovely lady casting director from Telsey coming to see our auditions!  


Onto other things -I got a FANTASTIC shirt yesterday at Arden B. (which was totally out of my budget, but hey -I'm only young once and I won't be able to pull this type of shirt off in another 15 years -so I best be enjoying it now!)  So I wore it to my Wicked Chorus call audition this morning and it got a TON of compliments!  Hooray!  I love a cute shirt!  :)  ... And I feel really sexy & powerful in it!  (Now if only a boy would ask me out so I could be fierce & wear it on a date!)

Speaking of boys - I'm still totally smitten by the boy in my Musical Theatre Class...  Dreamy Kindness Boy...  He's so hot.  And nice...  Lovelies, if he makes a move I'm done for!  :)

Now onto a few Gimmie items - these are things that I want, that I think I need, which I probably don't really need all that much...

First is this lovely little number  - I  LOVE the color!  (oh and these are all from NY & Co., so it's not mucho expensive - but still a little expensive!)


This next one is GREAT - I like it without the belt - but it's SO pretty when you try it on.  Plus I can bleach it if it gets dirty!  (and it's kinda short with out being whore-y...  Mmeeoww!)


Finally - this super cute pair of shorts....  SO cute, no?  And not tacky short - made for girls with normal thighs!  Love it!
I'm still working on getting myself out of debt, so these might have to be put on hold.  Unless my fairy god mother is out there in Cyber land & wants to purchase for me??  (Hey -it's worth the ask!)

2 comments:

  1. Listen to some Audra McDonald. She is the queen of connection through song. Even on a recording, you can hear her humanity. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clothes are GREAT! Right now I'm trying to go 30 days with out wearing black. Today is day 22!!! I should have blogged about it, but I terrible at keeping up with pictures.

    Yeah for new clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete