Sunday, December 28, 2008

I love Minnesota!


Lovelies, I followed my own little yellow brick road to my Minnesota home this past week...

There's nothing like a little trip to MN to make me re-charge my batteries and feel better about the world as a whole! I LOVE coming home!
I feel so rested and calm here and enjoy my family & friends more than anything! I do miss the city, but c'mon - MN is pretty freakin' great!

Here are some Random things that I love about Minnesota:
- People say "Excuse Me" when they need to get in front of you in the shopping mall or Target.

- Drivers wave you in because they're nice people& give a "thank you" wave when you let them in!

- The roads are clean & there's no graffiti - at least in the burbs.

- There's all 4 seasons. Always. No matter what type of global warming is happening, you can bet your bottom dollar you'll have a white Christmas in Cake Eater, MN.
- There are usually people you know in the About Town section of Minnesota Monthly.

- The theatre community is SO tightly knit & supportive! (I love me some MN theatre folk!)

- Quality of human beings as a whole is significantly higher than many other regions I've lived in. Thus it equals smart, spiritual & overall healthy folk live here.

- The volume of gay men is less, leaving there more straight men for me to date. (Side note - most of the people in MN get married VERY young, so I figure I'll be able to snag the "starter marriage" leftovers if I decide to move back in a few years... Aaah, the incompatible getting married because society tells them to...)

- Wollet's Bakery. 'Nuff said.
- The fact that when someone has a flat tire or is off on the side of the road that not one, not two, but usually Three other cars have pulled off to help the person - in NY people just drive by, point and says "It Sucks to be them!"
- Clerks at Target, the bank & various stores say "How are you?" and genuinely mean it. (and most of the time they're interested in your response...)

- The Targets are all well stocked & clean. And the staff in MN is VERY helpful!


Maybe I'm just a nostalgic for home, but really Dorothy got it right - there really is no place like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment