Saturday, December 20, 2008

Judy Holliday has to be my Grandma....


Lovelies, I am often told that I bear a resemblance in looks & manner to the late-great Judy Holliday by many MANY people. (Casting directors, voice teachers and sometimes even total strangers have alerted me to this fact...)

And guess what - the woman (Judy) is a COMIC GENIUS! (not to mention one of the biggest stars of the 1950's before her tragic death from cancer.) Pretty sure she was in her early 40's when she passed...


So I'm watching her in the movie Born Yesterday and it's BRILLIANT! They really don't make movies like this anymore! This scene where she deals the cards & starts singing is amazing for a comic study - or if you just want to laugh your ass off!


The fact that people even put this woman's name in the same breath as mine always amazes me - her acting and comic ability seems so effortless... But it's strangely comforting to know that she was a big star and yet crazy down to earth- so perhaps there's hope for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. people say i remind them of bette midler, and i know what you mean. it always makes me feel like i've got to be doing something right, to be compared to someone i admire so much.

    ReplyDelete