Monday, December 8, 2008

So 2 weeks later...

Lovelies!  Long time no chat!  Hope that all of you in cyber-land had a lovely & fun Thanksgiving!  I certainly had a wonderful celebration with my family - and I even managed to stick to my weight watchers points on Thanksgiving Day!

When I was home in Cake Eater, MN I got to go to a variety of events:

*Went to Perkins with my famous Guthrie director friend R.Go (always something fresh & new at the Perkins...)

*MN Wild Game with the Espresso Genius

*112 Eatery after the Wild Game with same listed EG fella above

*Shopping at Southdale, Mall of America & (Love of my Life) Target...  I LOVE target!  (was my first place I stopped for the Black Friday Sales!)

*Sang at a private party for the family I used to PA for back in Minnesota!  They have a big beautiful mansion on Summit Avenue (see photo above: ca-ching!!) and paid me a wonderful sum to sing my favorite musical theatre songs for all their friends for an hour or so...  was such fun!


*And by far my favorite: Sang at my Grandma's 90th Birthday Party!  I sang to a ghetto karaoke track of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - the other old bitties from her seniors-only independent living home LOVED it!  (good thing I downloaded an encore of Bi Mier Bist Du Schen - they wanted to hear more 1940's hits!)  :)  

It's funny to me that when I'm the old folks home someday I might request to hear "Umbrella" by Rhianna & all the young kids will say "Uugh - Old Lady Musical!  What an OLD song!" 



THEN I came back to NYC and auditioned for the Gallery Players production of Throughly Modern Millie!  Lovelies, not gonna lie...  I want to play Millie more than life itself!  It's one of my dream roles!  And guess what - I got a CALLBACK!  (and I know the Director AND the producer is one of my nearest & dearest!)  Lovelies, if I get this show it will have been worth the 3 years of not getting any other shows - all the pain & rejection will just melt away if I get to tap dance my little buns off in Brooklyn every night!  :) 

So send good thoughts my way on Wednesday night between 7pm & 11pm - that's when my callback is!

AND Espresso Genius, my dashing friend from MN, came out to visit me in NYC this past weekend!

We went (for FREE - thank you investment banking boss!) to the NY Rangers game on Wednesday night!  The WON against the Penguins in a shoot out!  Was a VERY exciting game!  :)  And there were 2 fights - just the way Hockey should be!


After the game EspressoG. and I went to Room Service on 18th and 8th for some lovely Thai Food!  (He got the steak & I got curry!  Mmmm...)  We also went to dinner the next night with some clients of his at Athos - a lovely Greek place in Midtown!  Was such fun!

Friday we went to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular!  One of my girlfriends from college is a Rockette - so that was fun to see her!  (she's 3rd from the left in the big line, if you go to see it!)  After we got the backstage tour!  AND that night we went to the dress rehearsal of A Prairie Home Companion at the Town Hall!  (Is it dorky that we're both Minnesotans and we went to a Minnesotan show in NYC??  Maybe just a smidge...)  

I also know one of the cast members in Prairie Home Companion - so was fun to go backstage after!  We didn't get to meet Garrison Keiler, but it was still cool to talk with the lovely Ms. Scott!  She's such a brilliant comedienne!  


On Saturday we went to the Lower East Side Tenement Museum and went on the Moore family tour - they're the Irish Family who lived in the apartment in the 1880's.  Brilliant!  And we stopped by the Roasting Plant (also on Orchard Street) after for a quick cuppa joe!  It was a great little coffee shop!  

Then we came back to Astoria, had dinner at Wave Thai (Yum!)  After that we headed back into the city to see Rock of Ages!  What an awesome show!  All 80's power ballad and just a fun & silly storyline!  Who doesn't love Pat Benetar/White Snake/Journey/Survivor songs all jammed into a 2 hour musical!!??  I know I do!  


All in all, was an awesome past 2 weeks!  

3 comments:

  1. AHH!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Millie. I really do like that show, I remember the Julie Andrews movie.

    Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete