Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da, Life Goes On...


Lovelies, I had a little bit of a heartbreaker this past week - I didn't get Millie. Waahhh!!!

I thought for sure this was going to be "my" show! Would've been worth it after not getting cast in anything after 3 years... such a bummer that all my hopes & wishes have to get tucked back into my mental knapsack and I move on with my life...

I am happy about the girl that they picked - she's really a sweet gal. But I am also a little mad a God because I know that she's played the part of Millie before. In what universe is that fair that someone gets to play the same part twice??? Just not fair - then again, like my mom says "Sometimes Miss Musical, Life isn't Fair." But then we learn how to deal with it & move on...

Today I did a dance audition for Mary Poppins! We did a quick tap combo for the first cut and I got asked to STAY & do the longer dance cut! Hooray!!! Now I am a smart gal, but I knew that the Step in Time tap combo was going to be really REALLY hard.... SO (trumpet cue: Da-Da-Da-Da!!!) I hired a gal to teach me the routine this past Saturday before the audition! I'm super happy that I did that! I would've had NO idea what was going on otherwise!

The routine was taught VERY fast & was VERY intricate & hard - but thankfully I went in knowing the combination very well! What fun it is to dance when you know what you're doing! (and how scary it is when you don't know what you're doing...)

I've got a weird feeling that something big is going to happen in 2009 for me... either career wise, or in my love life! I have faith - something rockin' is coming my way! (It has to, right lovlies??)

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your fabulous attitude. good things come to people who keep trying. (not wait. who the hell got anything by waiting?)

    ReplyDelete