Friday, July 18, 2008

I Need a Nap.


Cough, cough, cough...  Lovelies...

I - cough - am SO sick!  (and sick of being sick!)  I've been dealing with this cold for the past week and have been high as a kite on Mucinex for the past 2 days.  Uugh.  Will it ever end?!  

At 4 am last night I finally fell asleep.  After coughing non-stop for the past 5 hours...  I was finally in a deep slumber when the old alarm clock went off & reminded me that I had to truck it down to the Equity Building at 7:30 a.m.  


And silly me - I kept hitting that snooze button.  When I eventually did show up at the audition for the New York Theatre Festival I found (to my dismay) that all the slots were taken for appointment times!  Aaak - CURSES!  So, I smartly signed myself up on the alternate list in one of the later time slots and hoped that they wouldn't call my name until after lunch, as I had my hair appointment that morning in SoHo.

Well, lovelies - I went & had a lovely cut, color & blow-out.  It was magnificent.  And I am once again the blonde bombshell I want to be!  BUT - I got a little cocky and decided to go to Vicki's for undies & a bra and also to stop at Dean & Deluca for cheese samples (Taleggio, Midnight Moon Goats milk Testun Al Barolo, if you're interested) & free bread!  


What's that you say- "But Miss Musical, don't you have an audition to get to?!"  

Why yes, lovelies, I did.  

But I whittled away my time, took the R train back up to 46th street only to find that they had called my name 5 MINUTES BEFORE I GOT THERE!!!!  

I can't win.

(But that said - I have a great job, a great family & friends who love me!  And I sang at the Algonquin Hotel Artists Salon last night -that was a great time!)

And can one really be that sad when this movie comes out today?!

2 comments:

  1. What a great show at the Algonquin Hotel! Will you be performing there again soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a list a mile long of movies I want to go see. Mama Mia is on the top!

    ReplyDelete