Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pity Party - table for one!


Lovelies,  I know I shouldn't be throwing a pity party for myself, but as my blogging friend Martini used to say I'm having a SSM today = a Single Sad Moment.  


I am thrilled for my friends who are getting married!  I'm also ecstatic for people when they find someone special who loves them in return!  Hell- I even get excited for a friend if they are winked at by someone they fancy...  But truth be told:

Mama Musical is lonely.  Really really lonely.  


I found out today that a friend, whom I used to date - but we're tight like Jerry & Elaine now- is going to an out of town wedding this weekend.  I was pleased to hear that this new relationship is going so well, but it also breaks my heart that no one is banging down my door to ask me out...  take me to friends weddings.... hold my hand in Central Park...  Want to go to the museum with me...  

I've actually written several letters to my future husband (laugh it up, friends - it really helps me!)  And I just tell him in these letters that I'm excited to meet him & share things with him...  little stupid things about my day - how I got bubble gum stuck in my hair, the way that Henny Penny smiled at me, or about my theatre stuff....  I don't write him every day - that would be weird - but I do about every 4 or 5 months drop him a note when I'm extra lonely for him...

On an up-note: I signed my contract with the Ordway today!  I'm going to be singing 3 nights in August at the Ordway Extras and we're doing a Legally Blonde medley!  I'm pumped!  Also, I went to the Broadway: Three Generations audition today.  That went well - I sang the pants off my song and they were very nice - but again, just not that into me.  Oh, well - that's life in the big city!  

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry too much, you'll find someone perfect for you when it's time. And until then feel free to allow yourself the occassional Single Sad Moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that telling one not to be sad doesn't help... and you're totally allowed. Just think, though: when you do meet Mr. Right, he will have been so worth the wait!

    Also, congrats on the contract!

    ReplyDelete