Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Auditions are fun! (and time consuming)

Lovelies, I am very proud of myself because I just did 3 auditions in 3 hours (with a 4th coming up at 4:50) and I've also got a bad case of the coughing/runny nose sort...  

And let me tell ya - I was FANTASTIC in every one of them!  First I went to the Actors Equity building to sign up for the New York Music Theatre Festival.  (as they say in [title of show] "The Festival!  The KING'S FESTIVAL?!" -- 5 points for anyone who knows the other musical that's from..) 

After that I trucked my cookies down to Ripley Greer to audition for The Little Mermaid at 10:10 - so that was fun.  Then I came back to Equity, sang at the NYMF audition and that went GREAT - I sang my song from "I Love Lucy" - it usually goes over really well because it's funny & sweet!

Then I went to Nola studios & got my time slot for the Bristol theatre company - they're doing Spitfire Grill - one of my most favorite shows.  (Tangent: I wanted to write favourite in that last sentence, the way that the British spell it.  Isn't that so much nicer than plain-jane American favorite?  I think so.)  


And finally it was off to the York Theatre company where they're doing a musical called "In Transit".  I sang well, but the director was not that into me.

Que sera, sera - you can't win 'em all!  (but you sure can try to have fun at them!)  Here's to auditioning when your sickly!  (cough, cough...)

3 comments:

  1. Into the Woods!

    (just wanted to claim my points)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5 points goes to (drumroll.......) Angela! Hooray! Perhaps I should do MORE musical theatre trivia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating a green apple before singing always helped me to get rid of the coughs and break up the phlegm. Eww.... phlegm is such an ugly word. Oh well... thought I'd share my little bit of advice, so there you go. :o)

    ReplyDelete