Friday, July 11, 2008

I Heart [title of show]!!!


Lovelies,  I went to see the new Broadway musical [title of show] on Tuesday night.  

One word: FANTASTIC!!

It's a musical about 2 guys trying to write a musical about 2 guys trying to write a musical.  It's SO funny!  And they have so many funny "in the know" musical theatre  jokes - but there's also plenty of jokes for the other non-theatre folk to get too.  All in all, a wonderful, heartwarming, curse-filled romp through the ups & downs of writing a show & bringing it to Broadway!  


I totally dug it!

And AFTER I saw the show I went to the website and found out that they used you tube videos to get the word out to producers that they wanted to go to Broadway (what is the world coming to - you tube getting you into a Broadway theatre!  Imagine that!)  And the videos are episodes of The [title of show] Show - complete with a Christmas show!  I was laughing SO hard when I was watching!  

These bitches are FUNNY!

BTW - I saw Kevin McCollum at the preview on Tuesday night (it was only their 4th show - so he was there meeting & greeting.)  I totally got an icky in my yuckies when he smiled at me!  (Yes, people - I know he's OLD - get over it.  I like him that way!  Plus - he's got great teeth, eyes & hair - who doesn't love that?!)


I can see the Broadway World.com head line now: Miss Musical vies for the position of Mistress to Kevin McCollum...  (yeah, in my dreams...)

1 comment:

  1. I JUST listened to the original cast recording and it's freaking HIGH-larious. Must see it now. What theatre is it showing in?

    ReplyDelete