Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Work and Match.com


Lovelies,  I'm not gonna lie.  I'm a little stressed out today.  

Lady of the House is planning a big birthday bash this year in the Hampton's where she has 15 of her nearest & dearest out for a weekend of pampering. 

I'm the lucky gal who gets to schedule everyone in the hotel, arrange the shuttle from the hotel to the beach house, set up the times for group Pilate's classes, call the Mani-pedi ladies to schedule times for 15 Mani-pedi's and also give the masseuse a schedule so she knows when she needs to be available.  


Oh, yes and coordinate the gift bags (consisting of lovely Dr. Haushka products and beautiful spa-related goods!)  It's actually quite fun, but it's also very time consuming and also a little straining on my nerves - as I'm a perfectionist and I really want this to turn out beautifully for Lady of the House!  


AND I'm currently trying to bump up my dating life a little and thus a re-joined match.com which is taking up so much of my time!  I have to e-mail these guys back if I want them to keep in touch with me!  (Duh, Miss Musical!?)  But it just takes so much brain power to remember each one!  And time to write these thoughtful, "I'm a great catch without trying too hard" e-mails back.  

I'm in the process of e-mailing with about 5 men right now.  (only a few have gotten up the balls to ask me out for a date - but it's nice to be asked!)  Go figure the one I'm really interested in is taking it the slowest!  

Does anyone else have that problem remembering details about who's who in their dating life?  (I've actually gotten that mixed up before - I e-mailed one guy with the WRONG NAME and information in the e-mail -- needless to say, I didn't hear back from him again...)  Uugh.  

Also, I find the best relationships are where the man loves the woman just a little bit more than she loves him...  They still love each other, but he's willing to bend just a little more to make her happy.  This is true of my parents, my auntie & uncle, my best friend and Lady & Master of the House.  Anyone else find this to be true?  

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I can quantify love in my relationship. I know that we love each other differently, but I'm not sure if I'd say that he loves me anymore than I love him. That's an interesting thought, though.

    Let me know how match.com works out, though. I recently signed my best friend up for eHarmony. It seems to be a slow-going process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of how I was reading once that women tend to be happier in relationships where they're a little more attractive than the man because the man will put in that much extra effort to keep her happy.

    I suppose the same is true of love... at some level, I think that we as women are raised with some sort of expectation of being noticed and appreciated and chased and doted upon ... and it's easier to feel like that expectation is being fulfilled when the guy seems to be the one who's just a little more in love. ;-)

    ReplyDelete