Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dates, drooling and vacations...


Lovelies, I sit here writing to you from the wonderful Hampton's yet again! It's a blast, but I hardly find any time for myself, let alone my blogging! (so when the time does come to blog, I usually want to pass out I'm so tired!)

This past weekend was great and BUSY! I actually managed to go on TWO dates on Saturday! (one lunch & one drinks/dinner!) And I also got in my voice lesson in the morning and my guitar lesson in the afternoon! (I have my guitar lesson in Central Park, so that was fun - and my teacher is so kind & does a great job teaching me!)



Now, as for my dates - well one was OK and the other one was GREAT! (the OK one was the lunch date, and he was nice, but I don't think he was for me - plus his eyes kind of bulged out and he was a little short. But beggars can't be choosers, so I put on a good face & tried to get to know him as best I could...) But the GREAT date - well that was a different story! He was magnificent - and was a cellist, getting his MBA, tall as a tree and built like a Greek God. Plus, he was funny, thoughtful and charming....

My lovelies, why oh-why when I like the fella does he never call me back or ask me for a second date?! WTF?! I'm a nice girl (but I can't flirt to save my life) but I smile, ask nice questions, try to say interesting things, flip my hair, wear make up & pretty dresses... I just can't put my finger on what I'm doing so wrong that they don't ask for a 2nd date! (and NO, I don't talk about babies, marriage and the like when I'm out for the first time with a fella!)

Maybe my pheromones are no good... (can they do pheromone replacement therapy?)

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about going out with someone great and then they just don't call. I went on a date once with a guy who I thought was pretty nice, and he even was like, next time when we go out we can do this... And then I hear nothing from him.

    It's them, not us. Maybe he was intimidated or maybe (unfortunately) he just wasn't that into you. The point is, the right guy will totally call back. Or you could call him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to nail the flirting especially with a shy guy, but don't worry. If he's into he's more interested in your cheerful disposition, smile, and questions. Give him the 3 day rule. He'll probably call tonight.

    What part of the Hampton?

    ReplyDelete