Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jesus touched my iPod in the Hamptons...



Lovelies.  Let me tell you...  I had one "death" in my family & one near death.  

My Compaq computer for 2 1/2 years bit the bullet on July 1st.  It was so sad, I was playing on face book that morning and lo & behold I turn it on 2 hours later and it won't turn on.  At all.


Serious tragedy...

So I replaced it the second I got back to NYC with a fancy HP computer and a fancy new warranty from Best Buy.  (I love me a good Minnesota based company with excellent customer service, don't you?!)

Now I have the new computer, the new Microsoft Office program that only works on Vista, the new accidental 3 year warranty, the new 320 GB back up drive and the REALLY BIG credit card bill to show for it...  (and here I thought I'd have my whole card paid off after this trip to the Hamptons I just went on!)  


Finances....  Uugh...

On a high note - I had a lovely time in the Hamptons!  I got to play with the kiddies on the beach, see the movie Wall-E (which was WONDERFUL and you all should see it!) and also helped with outdoor games, indoor games - Candy land & Uno, got some serious sunburn , ate ice cream every day and all around had a great time!


One of the familial near death experiences happened when I was sitting on the beach during my afternoon off.  I was reading my book, listening to my iPod and a HUGE wave comes & swallows me, my book & my precious iPod.  I was VERY scared for it's life and pulled it out of the water promptly.  

I don't know how to do iPod CPR, but I did shake it quite a bit... to get the water out.  I pressed the button - the screen hadn't changed in 5 min. of me pressing the button.  So I said a little prayer to Jesus asking him to touch my iPod and heal it so I didn't have to spend another $250 for a new one.  

And guess what kids - IT WORKED!!!!


I'm telling you.  My computer is dead, but Jesus saved my iPod.  I love a higher power who understands my need for electronics.

2 comments:

  1. Prayer solves all manner of worldy problems. I'm glad that you didn't have completely awful luck with technology two times in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to the Hampton's next weekend and was a little disappointed to know I would not be spending the time in Manhatton, but instead at the beach. Is that being spoiled? But, you've made me change my mind.

    ReplyDelete