Monday, July 14, 2008

Expensive Meals and Great Moives!

Lovelies, the theme of this weekend was "How Much Can I Spend on a Meal?" and "What kind of fun indie/ foreign films are out there?"

Here's why:

Saturday night I went with my friend H.Co and her boyfriend to see "Elsa & Fred" at the Paris Theatre.  What a LOVELY movie!  Spanish film with English subtitles.  The plot revolves around these two seventy-something widowers who fall in love!  It was so funny & smart & classy - I loved it!  If you want a good laugh that makes you grateful for what you have this is a good movie for you!

After the movie we were looking for some bar food - what better place to find bar food than The Four Seasons Hotel?!  Seriously, people.  

It was FABULOUS!  We had exquisite (and expensive) cocktails, heavenly french fries with truffles and gravy on the top, and also the little mini-burgers with crab meat.  I was stuffed.

But the next day was British Fellow's birthday!  So to make sure he had a Happy Birthday I picked out a GREAT new restaurant that's been getting rave reviews!  It's called Scarpetta and it's in the trendy meatpacking district. 


Kind of an earthy Italian feel with food so rich it could give you gout!  Was a lovely meal complete with Barbara wine, duck foie gras ravioli and an AWESOME dessert of vanilla/chocolate puddings layered with espresso beans and hazelnuts!  Perfection my lovelies - sheer perfection.

Perhaps my classy weekend will make up for the fact that I watched the Oh-so-tacky "Celine: the Celine Dion Story" on the We channel Saturday morning....   

Forgive me.

1 comment: