Monday, January 28, 2008

What the HE - double hockey sticks?!

Hello my Lovelies,  

I had two BRILLIANT auditions this morning - for the Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis & also for Forbidden Broadway!!  Both were Very exciting for different reasons!

SO, Guthrie audition was first!  I was one of the first in line to sign up (got there at 6:30 am!).   I sang "Perfect Relationship" from Bells are Ringing and used what I had learned in Waldmans' musical theatre audition class to make is come alive! 

 
Was just great to have something to focus on other than my nerves!  (The associate artistic director at the Guthrie makes me come very close to wetting myself because I'm so nervous when I audition for him -- I just care so darn much about that theatre & I REALLY want to work there!  And having JMS on your side is the ONLY way to get into that  place!!!)  

I tried to plant a little seed in his mind today with singing a song from Bells are Ringing -- since I am the love child of Faith Prince & Sally Mayes -- I'd be a GREAT Ella!  (Not tooting my own horn - just speaking the truth!) 

 But wouldn't it be fun if they did the show & magically I got to play Ella!  Oh, a girl can dream, can't she??!!  (Big dreams people, big dreams...)


Then I trucked my cookies over to the 47th Street theatre where they're currently showing "Forbidden Broadway: Rude Awakening".  

I went in and sang my funny song "Lily of the Valley".  It went fine - the guy said I had a great last note!  (hooray for belting an E at 11 in the morning!) 
 Then he asked if I did any impressions - I said I did Liza.  (Which I do from time to time... when I'm drunk!) and it was OK - I talked like her - and broke into singing "LIZA" once or twice mid-sentence.  They seemed to enjoy it!  I really kinda sucked at thinking up clever things to say on the spot- nothing special.... But I still felt good about it!  


Now I am at work & clearly - not working...  But I was working for a considerable part of the
 day!  Ran errands, played with HHC and TSC and am doing other personal assistant-ish kind of stuff...  Fun times people!  

Onto the North Shore audition tomorrow!  Hoorah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment