Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cashmere Mafia and More....

It was a GREAT weekend, my friends, a great weekend! I have been taking excellent care of myself this past weekend - so that's always nice & enjoyable! Also, I found out that I was accepted to a "Build your Book" musical theatre class that is VERY hard to get into! (FYI - Build your book is another term when I add sheet music to my audition book and work on new material for musical theatre!)

Saturday was quite eventful for me. I woke up late (I am the queen of sleeping in -- don't know how I'll ever manage when I have a family & little ones someday!)

Then I.....(get ready for this friends!!)
did laundry,
changed my sheets,
went to the tailor and had alterations done,
folded laundry,
went to grocery store,
went to the bank & deposited my paycheck,
made lunch (tomato & mozzarella with basil & olive oil! Yum!)

went to the gym for 45 min AND showered!
(And all this BEFORE 4pm! Hooray!)

THEN I went to work at the Pan Asian Palace in midtown until midnight!

So that left today, Sunday, with almost nothing on my "to do" list! I Love that!

I met up with my brother for church at St. UES Church (which reminds me A TON of St. Fabulous Church in Minnesota - love it!). After the service bro & I went to eat at the lovely Pershing Square Cafe across the street from Grand Central Station! The 20's & 30's group was meeting there & it was our second time attending the monthly brunch!

Great fun & good fellowship & EXCELLENT food - who could ask for anything more?!!

After the brunch my bro went on a run in Central Park and I walked from 42nd Street to 86th Street to look at Barnes & Nobel -- my fav. bookstore -- but I got a little distracted along the way so I stopped and tried on clothes at Express, Zara, NY & Co. and looked at Beauty Stuff in Sephora. (Damn you Lexington Avenue and all your fine shops!)


Well, one latte and 35 blocks later I was at Starbucks on 77th and Lex waiting for Bro for a little while, but that was OK, considering that I had the new issue of OK magazine to read! (I love me some trashy tabloid magazines!)


THEN Bro picked me up and we headed off to do a Sam's Club Run in Jersey where he lives. When we got there at 6:15 they were CLOSED! Can you believe it?! Closed! Now, I know it's a Sunday night and I know that it's right after the new year, but C'MON! 6:00 closing??!! In New Jersey of all places... Uugh. So we trucked it to the Wal-Mart next door. (This was not nearly as exciting of an idea as Sam's Club, but then again, not too many things rouse me like a good old fashioned bulk market run!) Plus, because I am a faithful Minnesotan, I like Target more! I suppose that Wal-Mart does have lower prices - but they just don't have the fancy Red-Dot-ness that sets me all a twitter! Anyone else with me on the Target lovin' there??
So tonight I came home from North Peach, New Jersey and made it back to Actoria at 9:25! Hooray - my gym closed at 10 -- this gave me exactly 30 min. to burn off some of those calories I wasted on the "skinny" latte's that Starbucks is advertising in their windows now!
300 calories less and feeling great I went home from the gym and promptly sat myself in front of the tube to watch the new show Cashmere Mafia. (Not as cool as the 612 Mafia, but who is, really?!) It was a really fun show! And fun to see where they ate -- I always like to try the places featured on shows!
So that friends was my fun & exciting weekend! Now it's off to bed for this girl. I must get my beauty sleep. Will see all my acting buddies tomorrow at "A Catered Affair" Chorus Call. Hooray! (Thinking of singing Lily of the Valley and wearing my new purple dress from Calypso! Fun times at Telsey & Co - fun times...)
As always, your tune humming blogger,
Miss Musical










No comments:

Post a Comment