Monday, January 7, 2008

Beggars Can't Be Choosers - oh, wait it's New York. OF COURSE THEY CAN!




Friends, as you know from previous blogs of mine, I am on the way to a healthier (and thus happier) Miss Musical! SO when I got my small veggie platter tonight at Food Emporium I was delighted!


I had a big wonderful plan in mind to eat it while watching my downloaded Mary Tyler Moore episode on the subway ride home from work.


Well, this homeless guy who's begging on the 6 train notices my lovely organic veggie tray sticking up out of my purse, comes up to me and says: "I take food as well as money."


Now, I am a good person. I am a giving person. I am a kind person.



I give on the subway and the street quite a bit....


But I was NOT willing to part with my veggie tray! Which I had just paid an exorbitant amount of money for! And I was kind of mortified that he singled me out on the train! (I must look like a nice "push-over" Minnesotan girl.)


Thus I told him "Sorry sir - I won't be able to help you out tonight."


And he says - right to my face - "You're selfish."


So I did what any good tune humming blogger would do....


I said "No I'm not! I'm an unemployed actress & I'm kinda poor, too. I have credit card debt, I live with a roommate and I only buy a new pair of shoes once every 6 months. So please FORGIVE ME if I don't want to give you my organic veggie platter that I spent a whopping seven bucks on!"


He didn't bother me after that. And the lady sitting across from me applauded.


I feel rotten for not sharing, because that is what a truly good person would've done... Now I've got a serious case of the "guiltys"...



I don't get why I feel so bad about not giving the fella those veggies. I've given away so many thing on the subway from my stash that I bring in my purse - chewy bars, granola bars, bananas, soda, oranges (all un-eaten and still wrapped, of course). Why do I feel so bad about this one incident?! Ugh. Hopefully I'll sleep it off....


Until next time, your tune humming blogger,

Miss Musical

PS - I had two LOVELY auditions today and my Lovey UES family came back from St. Barts! Was great to see their son HHC - he's almost 2 and a bundle of energy! He sang me a song tonight which was to the tune of "ABC's" and only had the lyrics "Miss Musical Happy! Happy Miss Musical!" And he strummed along on his little ukulele -- it was pretty cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment