Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You Can't Live in the Past!

Lovelies,  I auditioned at Equity this morning (and it was the right building this time!) for a show called Fugitives.  GREAT contract, GREAT people to work with, overall it was... well should've been - great! 

SO, I was waiting in line ready to do my song I had prepared (Imagine My Surprise from Personals) when I realized that my cut was VERY long and nowhere close to 32 bars...  I decided to sing the song I've been working on in my Build Your Book class instead (Lay Down Your Head from Violet).  


Now I like singin' it, but have this crazy mental block with some of the high notes.  (I've got the notes, but the vowel placement is weird and when I sang it in college I didn't have all the notes -- blah, blah, blah - now I can sing it, but can't seem to muster belting the whole middle section without a great sense of anxiousness when I reach the top notes.)  

But I sang it, it went OK.  (the piano player did a great job- he's very talented!) 
  
I was so pissed at myself when I came out of the room, read the breakdown & realized that they wanted a spunky & energetic ex-cheerleader type!!!  D'oh!
And here I'm singing a freakin' lullaby!  Go figure!  (I should've sung "Born to Fly" - as they were looking for a pop/folk sound!) 
 
Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.... the story of my life!

But I must leave that now - there will be other auditions tomorrow and hopefully I'll start to feel better soon!  (singing with a sinus infection is not fun - I sound like Fran Drescher most of the time!)  
On a positive note I've been playing Oregon Trail for the past half hour at work - so that's unproductive and fun!  :)

Until next time, I remain your (stuffed up, mucinex loving) blogger
Ms. Musical

No comments:

Post a Comment