Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm Back & Ready for Action!


Hello Lovelies!

I just want to let you all know that I had a GREAT audition today for Shrek the Musical.  I was the most confident I've ever been in an audition and... (duh-da--dahhh!)  I had fun!  LOTS OF FUN!  

I sang Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave me this Way".  It went so well - the piano player was rockin', the music director was dancing in his chair!  The casting director was smiling.  And I just felt like I was flying! 

 It was quite possibly the most energized, yet relaxed audition I've ever done!  

If I don't get a callback for this it won't bug me - I felt so good about giving a REALLY good SOLID audition!


When I came out of the room one of the guys waiting in line said "Damn Girl!  You can really sing!  Well... for being a white girl!" 

 It was the nicest compliment I've had in a long time!

Waiting for the audition was another story!  

People not in the business sometimes ask me "What's it like going to an audition?"

Well, friends, it's like waiting at the airport for your plane to take off.  You have a sense of 
anticipation that something is going to happen.  You want it to go well.  You have hundreds of other people there with you who are just as anxious and ready as you are.  And most of the auditions I attend have women as the 
majority - this makes for VERY interesting conversation and people watching!  

I'm quite excited to get the thank you notes out for this one!  (I always mail off thank you's with my business card after every audition - good times!)

Friends - I gotta find an agent!  Actors Connection?  Submissions?  Actors Access?  There's lots of ways- now I just have to DO IT!  I have to start being submitted!  Hopefully this will come into my life this year!  (note to self: things to continue praying about.  1. Getting Agent 2. Getting a job in Theatre)

Until next time I remain, as always, your tune humming blogger,
Miss Musical

No comments:

Post a Comment