Monday, March 3, 2008

Frustration is not fun...


Lovelies, I am trying to keep a stiff upper lip, really I am... but the whole audition process is sometimes downright heart-wrenching! I care so much about having things go "perfectly" (and what is perfect, really??) that when they don't go my way I just get so frusturated! Today, especially!


Case in point: Auditioning for Barter Theatre this afternoon. Lovely people in the room, lovely day, lovely audition outfit, hair, etc. I actually was lucky enough to get typed - in! Hooray! There were only a handful of girls that were kept and I went in the room & sang "Out of the Blue" from the Wild Party.

It sounded OK and I made sure to ask the pianist if he was comfortable playing it (it's got 5 sharps) - which he said he was. And gosh darn it - I should've offered a second song right off the bat, because I knew when I put down the music and the pianist kind of waivered.... But maybe I was too confident?? I now wish DEARLY that I would've given them 2 song choices... I feel like I just totally lost out on what could've been some really great parts. (they were looking for an Eva Peron in Evita - which I've played before - and also for an Acid Queen in the Who's Tommy)

Why do I always fuck things up that I care about??!! I just want to get better! And I want to get cast!
Also, got a note from the director of the Back-In-Time Theatre in St. Paul. He said that he's thrilled I'm coming home to sing at their benefit in late March, but didn't want to use me in the trio show number that I LOVE singing in. Uugh.... But he said I could do a solo, so I'm going to do something totally different than what I usually do - I'm going to sing a kick ass rendition of the Wizard and I. (I really relate to that song & I'd love to sing it in public!!) Of course if they don't want that I'll have to resort to Meadowlark, He Ain't Mr. Right, or Lily of the Valley...

Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment