Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shooting Oneself in the Foot and Letting a Dead Dog Lie


Why is it when I care about something or someone that the particular something or someone doesn't go the way I planned?

Case in Point - I did a brilliant audition yesterday for Theatre By the Sea. Lovely, fun, etc. But today I went in for them (was my third audition of the day) and I wanted to be considered for their Evita, so I sang the end of "Rainbow High". It was not my best showing, but I love singing that song & enjoy doing it, however today I just blew it. (I didn't have the best arrangement either, but whatever...)

So I shot myself in the foot with that, but the other two auditions I did this morning I felt really good about!

One was for Surflight Theatre - they're doing White X'mas, Oklahoma, Swing time Canteen and also Swing -all of which I think I'm pretty right for! So I went in and sang the pants off of "Stuff Like that There" a la Kelly Clarkson. Rocked it out friends, rocked it out... But the guy behind the table looked like he needed a Bloody Mary more than I did. C'est la vie!


Next up was the West Virginia Public Theatre. They're doing Urban Cowboy - really the only show I'm right for... Sang "Amayzing Mayzie" and that was fun! I love singing that for all my snotty girl songs! Sounded great.

Then I went down to Chelsea and did my OK audition for Theatre by the Sea. Uugh... Well, maybe it serves me right as I guess they didn't want people to come to both days of auditions. But I went anyways because it went so well yesterday that I wanted to sing the Eva stuff for them today.

I should've just let a dead dog lie....

Oh- but I did go to a fun St. Patrick's Day party at Lo-Lo & Natey J.'s last night! I love those guys! Didn't drink at all (because of early auditions today) but still had a nice time!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps next time? We all have had those "shoot yourself in the foot" moments.

    ReplyDelete