Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Want to Play Fantine (just like Patty LuPizzle)


Lovelies,  I auditioned today for Les Miserables and Light in the Piazza for Weston Theater.  They wanted us to sing 8 bars at this chorus call.  (I'll say it Again: typing is good - 8 bars is not.)  But then again, I got to sing the last 8 bars of "I Dreamed A Dream" so that was fun!  (I totally got into it!  Even though it was less than 20 seconds of singing...)


I just hope I get to play Fantine in Les Miz sometime before I'm 30.  That'd be really swell...  Too bad it's not on Broadway anymore - I got typed in for that show when it was still running.  Maybe they'll revive it.... Again... That's not asking too much, right?  A third revival in a span of 2 years after the original run had closed??  With me as the Lead Role?  (LOL - that's such a pipe dream, friends!)  

But I really would love to play it at a regional theatre around the area!  That'd be GREAT!!  And Evita - I'd love to do that show again, too...  


As long as we're on the subject of Roles that Miss Musical wants to play I'm just going to be uber ambitious and make a list.  (The Secret says to do that, right?  Make a list of the qualities you'd like in a guy -- so I'm making a list of dream roles I'd love to play & sending it off into the universe!)
1. Fantine "Les Miserables"
2. Eva Peron "Evita" (again - professionally this next time)
3. Elphaba "Wicked"
4. Mary Poppins "Mary Poppins"
5. Mother "Ragtime" (in 10 years)
6. Violet "Violet"
7. Paulette "Legally Blonde"
8. Meg Broke "Brigadoon"
9. Eve "Children of Eden"
10. Mama Rose "Gypsy" (in 20- 30 years people, if that!)
11. Witch "Into the Woods"
12. Dot "Sunday in the Park"
13. Betty "White Christmas"
14. Cathy "The Last 5 Years"
15. Nellie "South Pacific"
16. Miss Adelaide "Guys & Dolls"
17. Ella "Bells Are Ringing"
18. Esther "Meet Me In St. Louis"
19. Judy or Garland "Beyond the Rainbow"
20. Queenie "The Wild Party"

Wwhew!  That's a long freakin' & quite ambitious list - but I think I'd be great at any of these!  Now it's just a matter of finding a director who thinks I fit into their puzzle....

Am trying to get done with updating the christmas card list (have to update all addresses, new kids, etc to both the contacts & the excel spreadsheet).  On a positive note - the cards for HHC's 2nd Birthday came in today and they look SUPER cute!  

I'm a proud "Auntie Musical" today (that's what the family I nanny/ P.A. for calls me - I love it!)  They're coming back home from Grandma & Grandpas house the day after tomorrow!  


2 comments:

  1. I love Les Mis! I hope you get the part!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be musically talented and have a to-do list that includes show tune. *sigh* I'm jealous.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete