Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Me Gusta Classe de Teatro Musical!!!

Lovelies, It's nearly 1 a.m. here in NYC and Miss Musical is a little drunky-wunky right now -so please forgive if spelling isn't perfect, grammar sucks & I'm all over the map!


So - last night I had my first Musical theatre class with Woodall! Super exciting stuff - as he is one of the "casting gods" here in NY. But the coolest part of the class was just chatting it up with him & getting his viewpoint on my stuff!

I brought in Aretha Frainklin's "Since You've Been Gone - Sweet Sweet Baby" and rocked it. Was fun. He told me to do it like Rizzo in Grease - cool, no? Worked so well. Also, he's really into the just standing & singing & being honest.... that's cool & I totally respect that. It's makes you work harder in some areas & less hard in others...

Today I didn't go to my personal assistant job on the Upper East Side like I was intending, but instead decided to sleep in - beautiful stuff- and went to my chorus call for White Plains at Chelsea Studios for How 2 $ (How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying). They asked for tall & statuesque girls, but must have wanted girls who looked like my roomie - because she got asked for a dance callback!! Yea, roomie! I'm pumped for her!

Got out of that audition early & went & got seen at that Equity Building for Flat Rock Playhouse - they were SO nice! (and they're doing some great shows for me -Dames at Sea and Meet Me in St. Louis --- HELLO - I'm a total Esther in Meet Me!) So I sang the Trolley Song from Meet Me in St. Louis and kicked it to the curb. People -seriously - why does Mama Musical not get cast more - I'm fierce at this singing & acting thing!!!



So tonight I went to my musical theatre class with Waldman - my last one in 3 months (sniff, cry). I sang the Wizard & I (which I would NEVER usually do, considering that I'm a Glinda not an Elphie) but I just connect with the material so freakin' much & I want to add it to my book! Plus, I'm singing it at the History Theatre benefit in Minnesota in another 2 weeks! Hooray!

Let me tell you, lovelies - I felt really great about singing it! Put a little green make-up and a black dress on me & let me have at that part! I'd give my left boobie to play Elphaba! (and if you haven't heard the songs from the show yet - you must you tube it immediately and watch the Wizard & I -- fantastic stuff!)

So that was fun! Then came home after chatting with my three new fav. gal -friends from classe de Waldman Musical theatre... had a half a bottle of Domanie Ste. Michelle Extra Dry Champagne (sparkling wine - whatevs...) and am feelin' mighty fine!
Am going to an audition tomorrow - for Les Miz & Light in the Piazza - ready to get cast, friends. I'm so ready to get cast..... or at least give a fierce audition!












1 comment:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you today!!! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete